Get pictures of the contacts from public profiles

Hi all, I’m migrating all my contacts from Google to my own Nextcloud instance. I successfully imported all my contacts and I’m using the Davx5 app on my smartphone.

However, I miss the function to get automatically the picture of a contact if he/she has a public profile somewhere (something that Google does for free).

Does a similar feature exists in the Contacts app?
Thanks

Afaik the Contacts app doesn’t contain a function to include the profile data. You need to create a copy of the contacts in your personal address book if you want to sync such a contact.
The pros and cons of the integration of the system address book have already been discussed here and the decision has been felt not to implement such a function due to big privacy concerns.

Thanks, but I’m not thinking about the system address book.
I’d like a function that gets the picture from an external profile and sets it as the contact image if a person has a twitter handle, a gmail address, or something similar that exposes it.

1 Like

That’s not possible, you have to fetch it on your own and upload it to Nextcloud.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.