Gallery stuck on big files - Nextcloud box

So I am mainly using my Nextcloud box for pictures and not so much for documents. I used WDmycloud before but that didn’t do a got job synching. Nextcloud synch works like a charm, very happy with that. I am having issues with large pictures and the gallery app. It gets stuck creating thumbnails and reports an issue with:

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes)

So there is no previewing of galleries available.

I found the setting memory_limit in php.ini is set to 128M. How can I change this in the snap?

1 Like

@oparoz another one :slight_smile:

Just a quick question. Do you not get any galleries at all or do you just get missing pictures in some?

There is nothing we can do regarding the PHP limit on the Box as it has too little RAM, but Gallery should work nonetheless.

@oparoz The gallery starts creating the thumbnails and gets stuck at a certain picture, with the above mentioned error. No further thumbnails get created in the same folder. Spinner keeps on turning but there is no progress.

Check the logging, you will see similar error like below, but I’m also trying to find a solution for increasing the memory_limit of php. Still without any success, yet. :frowning:

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) at /snap/nextcloud/10317/htdocs/lib/private/legacy/image.php#892