Gallery and Gallery+ not working

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with both the “gallery” and the gallery+ app. They dont show any photos, that are stored in the cloud. The circle keeps on rotating and rotating. When I log in the backend, I see the files in the data-view, but the gallery wont work at all.

I have either the gallery or the gallery+ activated. They dont interfere with each other.
I am running PHP 7.0.8. I have upgraded from ownCloud.

Is there anything else I need to post, to be able to help me with this issue?

Thanks for any help!

cloudguy

Hm, I was under the impression, that actually, they DO interfere. Accordingly, the apps page tells you to clear the browsers cache, between disabling one gallery app and enabling the other one. Also it mentions, that some other plugins might break gallery+:

IMPORTANT - Disable the official Gallery app and clear your browser's cache before enabling this app IMPORTANT - Some experimental apps (files_mv, etc.) from the app store might break Gallery+. Always disable them before reporting issues in the tracker

Make sure, to check, if there is anything else that might help with your problems> on the apps page:

https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Gallery%2B?content=169116

Thanks for you answer.

Neither the galery, nor the galery+ app are working. When I enable the galery, I disable galery+ and vice versa.

The cache is cleared.

Here the apps, that are enabled right now:

./occ app:list
Enabled:
  - admin_audit: 1.0.0
  - calendar: true
  - comments: 0.2
  - contacts: true
  - dav: 0.1.6
  - federatedfilesharing: 0.1.0
  - files: 1.4.4
  - files_pdfviewer: 0.8.1
  - files_sharing: 0.9.1
  - files_texteditor: 2.1
  - files_trashbin: 0.8.0
  - files_versions: 1.2.0
  - notifications: 0.2.3
  - password_policy: 1.0.0
  - provisioning_api: 0.4.1
  - systemtags: 0.2
  - theming: 0.1.0
  - updatenotification: 0.1.0

And it doesnt matter, if I disable/enable the galery in the backend or with ./occ

@cloudguy - If you only see the circle, it means something is logged either in the server log or the browser console. Please check both and report back.

Hey guys,

I’ve got the same problem with the gallery app not working.

I update Nexcloud from version 9.0.52 to 10.0.0 this morning. Everything seemed to work out fine and I didn’t get any errors in the update log.

After the update proccess was through, I logged in and reactivaded all my 3dparty apps again. After that I started testing everything and checked out the new features. While doing that I also clicked on the gallery app, the app opened, but besides the header and the control elements, the screen stays white, all the images I got in my cloud just wont show up. If I use the gallery features from the files app, everything works out fine.

By the way, I have only the standard gallery app installed, no gallery+ app.

Here is what I get from the error logs:

Error

no app in context

Exception: {“Exception”:“OCP\AppFramework\QueryException”,“Message”:“Could not resolve OCA\Survey_Client\Settings\AdminSection! Class OCA\Survey_Client\Settings\AdminSection does not exist”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:“#0 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(105): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve(‘OCA\\Survey_Clie…’)\n#1 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(89): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘OCA\\Survey_Clie…’)\n#2 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/Settings/Manager.php(319): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘OCA\\Survey_Clie…’)\n#3 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/Settings/Manager.php(354): OC\Settings\Manager->query(‘OCA\\Survey_Clie…’)\n#4 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/settings/Controller/AdminSettingsController.php(131): OC\Settings\Manager->getAdminSections()\n#5 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/settings/Controller/AdminSettingsController.php(70): OC\Settings\Controller\AdminSettingsController->getNavigationParameters(‘logging’)\n#6 [internal function]: OC\Settings\Controller\AdminSettingsController->index(‘logging’)\n#7 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#8 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\Settings\Controller\AdminSettingsController), ‘index’)\n#9 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php(111): OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\Settings\Controller\AdminSettingsController), ‘index’)\n#10 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\AppFramework\App::main(‘AdminSettingsCo…’, ‘index’, Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)\n#11 [internal function]: OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#12 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/Route/Router.php(293): call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#13 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/base.php(967): OC\Route\Router->match(‘/settings/admin…’)\n#14 /###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\n#15 {main}”,“File”:“/###PATH_TO_CLOUD###/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“Line”:90}

I hope someone can help me with this issue, would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
yiria

I got the solution…

According to the following post in the ownCloud Forums, the 3dparty app files_mv broke my gallery app.

Link: https://central.owncloud.org/t/after-upgrading-to-oc-9-1-1-gallery-empty-lots-of-errors-in-the-log/2545

After disabling the files_mv app my gallery app works again perfectly.

Maybe this will help some others aswell.

Cheers yiria

I leave this here because this turns up in the search engine if gallery is not working. Gallery was not working for me until I switched from smbclient to php-smbclient.