Fwrite() expects parameter 3 to be integer

Hi everyone!

I’ve set up Nextcloud on my Raspberry Pi 3 in order to stream my video content using WebDAV (among other things :slight_smile: ).
I’ve installed Kodi on a remote computer and defined a WebDAV connection to my Nextcloud.
Streaming works fine, but I’ve found a bunch of errors in the log (see below).

Nextcloud version: 15.0.2.0
Operating system and version: OSMC 2018.12-1 (Debian Stretch)
Apache version: 2.4.25
PHP version: 7.0

The issue you are facing:

PHP error shown below in Nextcloud log section.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Run library update in Kodi connected to Nextcloud via WebDAV protocol.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[PHP] Error: fwrite() expects parameter 3 to be integer, string given at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/http/lib/Sapi.php#88

HEAD /remote.php/dav/files/------rok.mkv
from ----- by ----- at 2019-03-30T23:53:27+00:00

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
config.php

The output of your Apache:
Apache log

I’ve looked at the code in Sapi.php and it seems that

$response->getHeader(‘Content-Length’)

is causing the issue by not returning an integer value.

I’ve also determined that all the errors in the log are connected to mkv files larger that 2 GB.
Smaller files are not causing this.

Anyone has any idea why is this happening?

Is this a 64-bit version of your OS? With 32-bit there are issues with php and files >2 GB. I didn’t follow up the plans for a work-around if it is already implemented…

OSMC on Raspberry Pi is 32 bit OS.

Are you saying this is PHP issue and there might be a workaround or Nextcloud issue?

Yes, there are php issues with 32-bit and large files. There is a thread on NextcloudPi, it is a raspbian-based image for RaspberryPi, so if they manage to get it work, you should as well:

Thanks for this, I’ve read through it.

This version of NC has this workaround already implemented.

I’ve did a test and uploaded an iso file of about 4 GB.
The upload was done piecemeal:

• The file was broken down to many 8MB files and uploaded
  • Then the pieces were merged into the original iso file

At first all seemed fine as the iso file emerged in the list of files on the server, but when I checked the log I found this:

[PHP] Error: file_put_contents(): content truncated from 4071849984 to 2147483647 bytes at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#467

It looks like the file was truncated to 2GB although the upload_max_filesize and post_max_filesize are set to much higher value.