Fulltextsearch doesnt keep the index actual

hello everyone,

i have fulltextsearch installed on nextcloud version 16.0.5. It works fine, but the index is not updated. The cron-job runs every 15 Minutes and performs the other tasks as well. Does anyone have a hint for me why the index is not updated?

Have you seen this information in the related wiki:

1 Like

Oh nice never seen this before

no, i didn’t know that until now. i thought that the update task via cron.php is done automatically.

the live-feature was only known to me for environments with a high update rate

And you were right. The cron should update your index on new or edited files. Do you have any error in server logs?

yes, in fact there are 2 messages related to the search

1. [fulltextsearch_elasticsearch] Warning: debug - request: (following details relating the search-string, snipped it off)

followed by this Message-Type

1. [no app in context] Warning: 500 (…) illegal_argument_exception",“reason”:“The length of [content] field of [files:53160] doc of [nc_index] index has exceeded [1000000] - maximum allowed to be analyzed for highlighting. This maximum can be set by changing the [index.highlight.max_analyzed_offset] index level setting. For large texts, indexing with offsets or term vectors is recommended!”}] (…)

this seems to me to be the important part of the message and to give an indication of the problem.

do I see that correctly, as if indexing is running, but there is a problem displaying the results?

how can I solve this?