Fulltextsearch 0.7.2 & group folders?

Are group folders https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/groupfolders indexed separated for each user of the group or are they indexed only once? @Cult

Thank you!

In general, files are indexed user per user. When the index finds files that are in a groupfolder, there are indexed. When indexing another user’s files, the process will check if the file were already indexed and will not index them again. So, in theory, files from a groupfolder are indexed only once.

1 Like

So, does that mean, that only one user, who have access to particular group folder will have all indexed files, but not others?
In particular, I decided to rebuild the index after migration and faced with the situation, that only one user out have the search results out of group folders, but the rest are not.

What to do? How to make the index of files in group folders accessible to ALL subscribers (users) of a particular group folder when they perform searching?

The behaviour I see at my installation is:

• If a user joins a group folder, he does not find files via fulltextsearch already indexed.
  • If a file is modified or added he will find it.
  • If a I do a index, either of the complete index or just for the new user via `
    php occ fulltextsearch:index "{\"user\": \"new-user\", \"force\": true}
    the new user finds all files in the group folder

My question:
Is this the current normal behaviour?
@knedlyk is this the same behaviour you are seeing?

Hi! Yes, it seems this is exactly what I’ve got myself.