Frustrating auto-upload from ios

Hi all,

I’m auto-uploading just over 10k images and videos from iOS to nextcloudpi. I have an RPi3 running nextcloudpi and a USB HDD. The iOS upload is over WiFi on both devices. I started this project about 3-4 weeks ago so I’m using up-to-date versions of all the software. Let me know if you need specifics.

I have 2 issues:

1. Duplicate uploads regularly get stuck in a loop on auto-upload, halting other transfers. Most times I open the app for it to auto-upload, I have to manually monitor the transfers, open the containing folder of the looping files and then stop the duplicate uploads. Ballpark I’d say 1/10 transfers needs manual attention. The upload speed is good, it’s the queuing which seems to be the problem.

2. Its taken me a couple of weeks to get down to around 3k uploads left. Last night my iOS app was updated. Auto-upload stopped. I’ve now turned it back on and it says over 10k uploads are in the queue.

1 Is there a config somewhere to say ‘don’t upload a file which is already there.’

2 Is there a ‘check the existing database and sync only’ rather than ‘start again’ option?

Matt

Actually I’ve just noticed issue 3…

Troubleshooting why my phone (ios 12.1.4) is giving me storage errors.

The app says:
App size: 41.8MB
Documents & data: 23.68GB !!!

Have I been uploading to the app and not the NextcloudPi!?

Hi MattK,

I’m experiencing the same problem and am a new user. Did you find a solution? Would love to use Nextcloud but I can’t find a solution after weeks of searching.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
As of june 2022, all the above mentioned issues remain.
The worst part is that auto-upload option get deselected for some reason (one doesn’t see when it does); re-enabling it leads to re-upload and subsequent errors of the entire camera roll despite previously uploaded pictures are still present on the server. As a consequence, more recent photos that have been taken after the moment auto-upload deselected itself, are not uploaded because of the enormous, error-prone queue that contains re-upload of already uploaded items (the photo names exactly match).

Any procedure, even server-side, that could solve the problem?
Perhaps deleting the server-stored photos and actually re-upload the entire roll for good? This means re-uploading the entire camera roll each time the auto-upload option gets deselected for any reason.

Best regards