Fourth RC of Nextcloud 25

The fourth RC of Nextcloud 25 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Known issues

When you are on RC3, the web updater will probalby not work normally, and require manual authentication. Use the cli updater instead (sudo -u www-data php updater/updater.phar). This problem is fixed in RC4, resulting in proper web updaters from then on.

Changelog

4 Likes

Hi, i dit that " use the cli updater instead (sudo -u www-data php updater/updater.phar). This problem is fixed in RC4, resulting in proper web updaters from then on."

and now canā€™t access to nextcloud, got this message "Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 25.0.0.16 to 25.0.0.15) "

i didnā€™t try to downgradeā€¦
an idea ?
Thanks in advance

It says you were already on RC4ā€¦ did you bump the server version manually before?

1 Like

So far so good. I installed this to test yesterday. Upgrade from 24.0.4 was flawless.

I did notice a couple of bugs. One with Calendar and one with the theming app. Where should I report these?

Thanks for testing!

Theming in the server repo: Issues Ā· nextcloud/server Ā· GitHub
And Calendar it depends. DAV/Backend related parts go into server as well, frontend issues to Issues Ā· nextcloud/calendar Ā· GitHub

Update issue for me, reported here. Can anyone confirm and advise where to open the issue?

Iā€™m unsure if the other issue I just reported here in the forum is new with RC4 (I doubt that), but it at least seems not to be present in 24. Can anyone confirm it?

no, i didnā€™t bump nothingā€¦

Edit : I reboot the server (should began whit that :(). Everything is ok now.

1 Like