Forum performance - 04-2023

Hello Community,

over the course of the last years we had some ups and downs regarding the performance of help.nextcloud.com. These issues did have multiple different causes - so while our changes improved things for some users, it did not for others. We have dealt with database issues, hard drive issues, connectivity issues, migrated to different hardware, etc. to be able to deliver a good performance for everyone. There was one last issue which effected some of our users connecting through IPv4, which turned out to be an issue with offloading different sized packets. We implemented a quick fix for this around 1 1/2 weeks ago, which improved performance for more people than before. Yesterday we did some final tuning on help.nextcloud.com and received overall positive feedback from people we knew had issues before (loading times >= 5 Min).

Therefore I am reaching out to check if everything is working fine now. I would love to get some feedback on this and hope we finally achieved a good solution here.

Thank you very much and best regards
Marcel

8 Likes

Can volunteers please help link this topic to existing forum performance threads. Thanks!

As also mentioned to you @SysKeeper, I can confirm this made loading times when accessing the forum from Japan go from 5+ minutes down to ~1 second. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thanks for this! Iā€™m in Australia and can confirm the access is performing much better.