Forget Recovery Key

Please help, I forgot the recovery key for reset password. Is there a way I can change it without knowing it?

Nextcloud version : 15.02
Operating system and version : CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
Apache or nginx version : Apache HTTP Server 2.4.6
PHP version 7.0u

I assume that you’ve activated the 2FA authentication. If so, you can disable it by using theocc command line interface.

Hi @j-ed, My user forgot they password login. So they can’t access it.
I want to reset by recovery key, but I’am forgot for that key. Please help…

I’m still uncertain what you exactly mean if you speak about a recovery key. A recovery key is usually a backup code which a user has generated to access his Nextcloud instance if the 2FA authentication didn’t work.
As an administrator you can always login, open Settings -> Users and reset a users password.
The same thing can be achieved from the command line by using the occ user:resetpassword. command.

If the server-side encryption is secure, then it should not be possible to recover the files without either of those two passwords. You can delete and create a new user. If the user has still a client that connects automatically on the server, you can modify the code to sneak the password (or if it is a desktop client, the user can recover the files via this client).