Folder "Talk", only owns files, someone

Could you find the file ā€œBild11.pngā€ in FileSystem
by MC or something as

find / -name Bild11.png

yes, but this file is in an other user-folder
i klick in Talk on a picture named ā€œ20220627_143248.jpgā€ and the error in the logfile says : ā€œmount at /trixi/files/Talk/Bild11.png/ has no provider set, performing full setupā€ ā€¦ and the file with the name Bild11.png i found in ā€œ/data/nextcloud/otherUser/files/Talk/Bild11.pngā€ :crazy_face:

OK! Good.
ā€œotherUserā€ inserted the file ā€œBild11.pngā€ in conversation with you.
ā€œTalk appā€ auto gives you permission on the file ( share ).
I had problems with these Shares.

If you can contact with ā€œotherUserā€, ask him to sure that the share is ok
or (simple)
ā€œotherUserā€ give (create) new share with you (grant permission to you).

If you cannot contact with ā€œotherUserā€, you can use Impersonate app and login as user ā€œotherUserā€ (without his password).

no problem, I have a clone our Nextcloud, there I can test everything without data loss in the real Nextcloud :slight_smile:
On the test system I have now implemented your suggestion and everything seems to run normally again. I have now contacted ā€œotherUserā€ ;-). If it also works on the productive system, Iā€™ll report back here immediately :slight_smile:

that was itā€¦ I canā€™t get my head around it :grinning: :hugs: :upside_down_face:, Iā€™ve been looking for it for weeksā€¦
Thanks everyone, especially rbm :slight_smile:

trixi
that was itā€¦ I canā€™t get my head around it :grinning: :hugs: :upside_down_face:, Iā€™ve been looking for it for weeksā€¦
Thanks everyone, especially rbm :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome.

For anyone having the problem, please take a look at this PR: delay updating setup providers untill we register the mounts by icewind1991 Ā· Pull Request #35218 Ā· nextcloud/server Ā· GitHub