First RC of Nextcloud 26

The first RC of Nextcloud 26 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Changelog

4 Likes

Is that change log from the most recent dev alpha release? Is there a change log or new-feature list comparing what is new in this RC compared to the current Release?

The changelog is relative to the previous Beta 5. And the previous releases have their changelog, too, visible here in the forum just as well.

1 Like

Tried to update from latest beta which failed at step „Cannot delete old files“. Tried various things like starting updater.phar from CLI without improvement.

What shall I do as I cannot access anything anymore? Hiw can I recover from created backup during updating?

Here is the error while updating:
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for expected files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for write permissions
[:heavy_check_mark:] Create backup
[:heavy_check_mark:] Downloading
[:heavy_check_mark:] Verify integrity
Extracting …PHP Warning: require(/home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/…/version.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 673
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘/home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/…/version.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php’) in phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php:673
Stack trace:
#0 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php(711): NC\Updater\Updater->getVersionByVersionFile()
#1 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/UpdateCommand.php(383): NC\Updater\Updater->extractDownload()
#2 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/UpdateCommand.php(240): NC\Updater\UpdateCommand->executeStep()
#3 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): NC\Updater\UpdateCommand->execute()
#4 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1009): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#5 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(273): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#6 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(149): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#7 phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/updater.php(10): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#8 /home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar(14): require(‘…’)
#9 {main}
thrown in phar:///home/useradmin/www/domain.de/cloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 673

Thanks for the RC1. I can confirm the issue mentioned in beta5 by nicrame is still unresolved: “in “Files” the “Close navigation” icon is overlapping with home button”.

Also a question, in Debian bookworm a new mariadb-server version 1:10.11.2-1 was recently released. Is this compatible with Nextcloud 26?

And to transition from NC26 RC1 to stable, is it enough to switch to the stable branch to get the stable NC26 when it comes out?

I cannot reproduce. Works over here:

1 Like

Must be a Firefox thing then, like nicrame, I am using Firefox (110.0.1), it is an issue for both Linux and Windows browsers.
Screenshot 2023-03-03 110406

1 Like

Did you already try to clear your browser cache?

2 Likes

Good catch, issue solved after clearing cache.

A post was split to a new topic: Question on updates