Files pinwheeling - web client

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Any attempt to access my files using the web client results in a clockwise pinwheel and the page freezing. I can access other pages if the url goes there directly such as myserver.com/index.php/settings/user, including quicknotes, weather, etc. Once I click on the files icon, the files page loads displaying all of my folders and files and the pinwheel. I see no errors in the JS console and no errors in the log.

Thinking it might be a corrupted file I have run:
sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all with no errors
sudo -u www-data php occ fulltextsearch:test with no errors
sudo -u www-data php occ fulltextsearch:index with no errors
mysqldump nextcloud > nextcloud.sql with a proper file being created

I can access my files on my iPad without issue. On a rare occasion, the web client did work for me, but that was maybe 3 times out of 75 attempts. Other users do not seem to have the problem.

The problem occurs on both Chrome and Safari and in incognito mode. Reboots of both the server and my computer have not helped. Deleting the cache on my computer has not helped.

I’m out of ideas.

Nextcloud version 18.0.4
Operating system and version Ubuntu 18.04.4
Apache version eg, Apache 2.4.29
PHP version 7.2.24

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Y for the past 2 days

Steps to replicate it:

1. Browse to nextcloud.myserver.com

NextCloud log

Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for distributed cache		2020-05-14T11:40:31-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache		2020-05-14T11:40:31-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for distributed cache		2020-05-14T11:39:07-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache		2020-05-14T11:39:07-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for distributed cache		2020-05-14T11:37:31-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache		2020-05-14T11:37:31-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for distributed cache		2020-05-14T11:35:34-0400
Info	cli	Memcache \OC\M

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

There were no new log entries when I try to access the page

I seem to have finally resolved my own problem. My installation seems very unhappy with files with the extension .md generated with the Text app. I had to disable the Text app and remove all *.md files. I have no idea why that type of file would cause the problem or why their mere presence in the store would cause problems.