Filecache conversion using too much space

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.02
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): 16.04 xenial
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. logg into nextcloud server
  2. sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
  3. sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

The only problem i have is that it is using way too much space and it cannot convert, i resized the nc database server by adding more space it has 25G free space atm, when the conversion occurs it fails due to insufficient space. Any idea how i can solve this ? Thanks.

Are yoz sure that this is related to the database size and not the size of the previews which have
been created for your images? You should double-check how much space is being used for it.
You will find the directory here: nextcloud/data/appdata_xxxxxx/preview

As stated above, the NC database is on a different server and the NC server is on other server, one for the app and one for the db. So 2 servers i’m using, the DB server is the one that grows in size till it fails due to insufficient space. @j-ed

Edit: On other servers when the conversion is finished it free’s up some space and it doesn’t require that much space either. So it is a problem, because if on the other servers work, why wont on this one…?