File size limitation - Truenas/FreeBSD over nginx

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1 (FreeBSD 12.2 jail via Plugin installation)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Not sure, but I just installed it via ports
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.26

The issue you are facing:

Thank you. I couldn’t find specific information for my setup about this. I’ve read about similar topics with my issue where ios shows an error when uploading files over specific file size, Transfers tab shows Error, waiting for upload, while the debug log shows error 413: The file is too large.

A bit of research had me change .user.ini to add lines “php_value upload_max_filesize 16G” and
“php_value post_max_size 16G” but after a restart still showing the same error.

Another resource had me navigate to /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf to change “Client_max_body_size 16000m;”
After a restart, this one did not do it either. Other relevant resources talk about accessing an “available_sites” folder, which doesn’t exist in nginx for freebsd, most resources seem to be for either nginx running on a different OS, or Apache and they all list/name files that I either cant seem to find in my system or that simply does not apply. I just want to be able to upload my ios videos through the camera roll, I hope someone is willing to share some knowledge on how to get this to work with my specific setup or at least point me in the right direction.

Thank you all for your input and time.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Launched IOS NextCloud app
  2. Add large video to queue for upload, regardless of the destination folder or the camera upload auto-upload settings.
  3. Error, waiting for upload, retried, same error, infinite loop.

Hi, did you check this?
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html?highlight=upload

As alternative use sync via Nextcloud Client, it will split files to chunks and will never meet any limits.

Hi! Thank you kindly for your reply. Yes that was my initial guide where I was able to add the suggested lines to the .user.ini file, but it made no difference, thinking there may be another file somewhere where I may need to add the lines into but I can’t seem to find much documentation on nginx+freeBSD - The workaround sounds like a valid solution, however, it would take away from what we’re wanting to do here.