File operation with WebDAV became difficult after update to nextcloud 11

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 11.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Windows 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 5.6):5.6

The issue you are facing:
I mount nextcloud as a network drive on WebDAV connection on Windows 10.
ex) https://MYDOMAIN.COM/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/
It has occurred since updating from nextcloud 10.0.2 to 11.

1. When trying to copy a file “already exists”. Actually does not exist. Because it is the first file to copy. And I can not overwrite it. If the operation is skipped without overwriting, a file of 0 KB is generated.
  2. There is no problem with downloading a file to PC that already exists and manipulating it. If I attempt to open and edit the file saved in nextcloud directly, the contents will be displayed or fail. Fail with high probability.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Sabre\DAV\Exception: HTTP/1.1 500 No subsystem set a valid HTTP status code. Something must have interrupted the request without providing further detail.

1. /nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
  2. /nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php - line 60: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  3. /nextcloud/remote.php - line 165: require_once(’/n…’)
  4. {main}

https://MYDOMAIN.COM/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/
This access method can’t be used as an error (-5) from the nextcloud 9.

There was a problem with opening the file using Microsoft office in nextcloud 11, but there was no problem other than that.
Is there a solution only to downgrade?

Sorry, this is not the answer.
We have exactly the same problem, with the same error message. This seems to be a problem with the windows built in webdav client. It is tested with windows 7, 8 and 10. In all versions it is not possible to write first time into the webdav mapped drive. I we try this the server produces the sabre error message and in the apache logfile appears a messsage like this:

… “LOCK /nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/Tester… HTTP/1.1” 500 303

means server error.
The errormessage from Windows appears every times when the LOCK command is written.

I have also an 9.xx Nextcloud Server and there ist the behavoiour as follows:

… “LOCK /nextcloud/remote.php/webdav … HTTP/1.1” 200 564
followed by
…“UNLOCK /nextcloud/remote.php/webdav … HTTP/1.1” 204 -
and all works fine on all windows webdav drives

I’m getting the same, opened an issue on github : https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/3053

I have upgraded to version 11.0.1. and now the following workaround:

try to connect via /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME -> does not work
try to connect via /nextcloud/remote.php/webdav -> same situation as described above
disconnect /wbdav drive
try again to connect via /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME -> all works fine until the drive is disconnected or I logged off from windows.

I’m sorry for everyone.
I gave up using ver.11 and returned to ver.10(now 10.0.3). I can use WebDAV without (fatal) problems with ver.10 as well.
My current concern is WebDAV connectivity. I was hoping that it would be resolved with ver.11, but the result was opposite. I decided to expect for the release of nextcloud 12.

There is a patch on GitHub published by me. I need some feedback from OS X users.

I have the same Problem and found your patch. Bit i dont know how to apply it in a synology system with Apache 2.2.

Hmm, i looked around but did not find the patch. Does anyone have an URL ?