Failed version 19 update help request

I’m currently running nextcloud in a docker on unraid. Previously, I thought that updating the docker image through unraid was updating nextcloud but apparently that was not the case. After getting a php 8 issue (nextcloud not working) I discovered I needed to update nextcloud independently of the docker image.

First, I tried upgrading from the latest version of 18 to the latest nextcloud version but that of course failed as now I understand you have to do each version in succession.

Then I went to get the latest version of 19 but OCC failed as it wouldn’t run on php 8.

Then I rolled back the docker image a couple of months to a version with php 7.

Then I ran the OCC upgrade and now it fails with the information below.

Any advice please?

Update to 19.0.13

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE oc_activity_mq CHANGE amq_appid amq_appid VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL COLLATE utf8mb4_bin, CHANGE amq_subjectparams amq_subjectparams TEXT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8mb4_bin’: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table ‘db_nextcloud.oc_activity_mq’ doesn’t exist in engine

Detailed logs

Preparing update

Set log level to debug

Turned on maintenance mode

Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation → nothing to do

Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Updating database schema

Updated database

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE oc_activity_mq CHANGE amq_appid amq_appid VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL COLLATE utf8mb4_bin, CHANGE amq_subjectparams amq_subjectparams TEXT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8mb4_bin’: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table ‘db_nextcloud.oc_activity_mq’ doesn’t exist in engine

The update was unsuccessful. Please report this issue to the Nextcloud community.

Replacing my activities directory from a backup appeared to fix this issue and I was able to update the latest 18 version. I am able to log in again. Now to attempt the 19 install again.