Failed to get mimetype id for video/3gpp after trying to store it

Nextcloud version: 18.0.3
Operating system and version: k.a.
Apache or nginx version: Apache
PHP version: 7.4.2.

The issue you are facing:
Hi folks,

after upgrading from version 17 to 18.x.x I cannot store several files into nextcloud anymore - e.g. ai / xml / kdbx files.
As I am on shared hosting I tried to correct the mimetype settings via occ web commands, but no success so far. Can anybody help here?

Steps to replicate it:

1. occ $ maintenance:mimetype:update-db --repair-filecache
    In Loader.php line 131: Failed to get mimetype id for video/3gpp after trying to store it
  2. occ $ maintenance:mimetype:update-js
    mimetypelist.js is updated
  3. occ $ maintenance:mimetype:update-db
    In Loader.php line 131: Failed to get mimetype id for video/3gpp after trying to store it

The log states several errors related to the mimetypes:
Exception: Failed to get mimetype id for application/x-kdbx after trying to store it
Exception: Failed to get mimetype id for application/xml after trying to store it
Exception: Failed to get mimetype id for application/illustrator after trying to store it

So where is the culprit here? I also tried to update the mimetypes with the mappping-file and put it in the same config-folder, but no luck.

What can I do?

Not sure if I’ll be able to help but I can try. Based on the error and looking at the code base, I wonder did the upgrade complete successfully? Can you look at the log related the actual upgrade and look for anything interesting? It will be for app: updater.

The other idea - x-kdbx relates to keeweb which has a Nextcloud app. Maybe this app or some other is incompatible with 18.0.3 code? Maybe it can be upgraded to a compatible version?

I did automatically then the error occurred. After that I copied the whole code again via FTP on the server.

I have no keeweb app installed. I just synch my kdbx files with the cloud among different machines. This has stopped working for me after the upgrade. Trying to activate the keeweb-app via nextclouds quits with the same error:

Failed to get mimetype id for application/x-kdbx after trying to store it

Other ideas:

1. Maybe another app. If you run the piped command occ log:tail -- 3000 | grep updater you can see all logs output by the updater - maybe there is a specific error that might be insightful.
  2. Do you have a non-standard database set-up? You said you are shared hosting so maybe you’re not responsible for this part but find out if you can. With a standard DB set-up described here and a properly installed 18.0.3 it’s hard to imagine why you’d encounter such an error.
  3. Anything else interesting in “Security & setup warnings” under HOST_URL/settings/admin/overview?
  4. Finally, you might get additional info around error by running php occ log:watch uploading one of the kdbg file and seeing the output.

Hey @joshmorel

Thanks for the input. I did now a complete wipe and new install. As my data folder resides outside the installation anyway I started from the scratch to version 18.0.3. and scanned the files again. Everything is fine now, all files synch as they supposed to be… Maybe after having updated the installation from version 13 on that some errors persisted somewhere in the system. Strangely enough I could not solve the issue otherwise.

Try to answer your questions anyway:

1. I will save that command for future problems.
  2. It’s kind of standardised and I am using MySQL for the installations, never had a issue before
  3. Actually it was just full of the errors I mentioned above… no other things.
  4. I will keep that in mind also for the next time, I did not save the logs now…

Thank you once more.

Glad to hear it’s working @bunducafe !