Failed to connect to server - Server replied "503 Service unavailable"

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 23.0.0): 23.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): I dont know how to check this, i assume newest version
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0 or 8.1 i think

The issue you are facing:

when i attempt to login to the windows nc applicaiton i see error "server replied “503 service unavailable” to “GET http://192.168.0.15/status.php

my server is running and i am able to access it via the web gui and see the files using smb share.

some googling has led me to guess i have an error with one of my php services running at version 8 or 8.1 and this is not compatible with current nextcloud so that service is down - i dont know how to check this though.

I am very new to ubuntu and nextcloud.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

yes but this is on a fresh install so its the only time i could have had this error

Steps to replicate it:

1. attempt to login using the windows application

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

I don't know how to access this

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____: