Face recognition

I would like to use the face recognition app but I can’t due to missing library.
My nextcloud is installed on Ubuntu. how do I install the missing libraries?

• This app cannot be installed because the following dependencies are not fulfilled:
    • The library pdlib is not available.
    • The library bz2 is not available.

The missing libs are probably dlib and pdlib.

You can find a manual installation here:

Just follow these two instructions:

Install Dlib as shared library

git clone (copy this link) GitHub - davisking/dlib: A toolkit for making real world machine learning and data analysis applications in C++
cd dlib/dlib
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON …
make
sudo make install

and

git clone (copy this link) GitHub - goodspb/pdlib: PHP extension for Dlib.
cd pdlib
phpize
./configure --enable-debug
# you may need to indicate the dlib install location
# PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --enable-debug
make
sudo make install

after that, the facerecognition should be installable in the app store.

there are also precompiled libs available for some ubuntu and other linux versions:

you might check these instructions here, if your dlib andpdlib are not compiled or installed correctly:

i have tried what you posted and looked at your links. i keep getting an error make: *** [Makefile:208: pdlib.lo] Error 1
at the last step

Did you try to install precompiled libs for Ubuntu also?

yes i have. this is the complete error. ~/pdlib$ make
/bin/bash /home/josh/pdlib/libtool --mode=compile g++ -I. -I/home/josh/pdlib -I/home/josh/pdlib/include -I/home/josh/pdlib/main -I/home/josh/pdlib -I/usr/include/php/20210902 -I/usr/include/php/20210902/main -I/usr/include/php/20210902/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/20210902/Zend -I/usr/include/php/20210902/ext -I/usr/include/php/20210902/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DZEND_ENABLE_STATIC_TSRMLS_CACHE=1 -std=c++11 -DZEND_COMPILE_DL_EXT=1 -c /home/josh/pdlib/pdlib.cc -o pdlib.lo -MMD -MF pdlib.dep -MT pdlib.lo
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: error: specify a tag with ‘–tag’
make: *** [Makefile:208: pdlib.lo] Error 1
i think this is because i need to use -std=c++14 but its trying to compile with c++11 and i dont know how to change it

yes, i had the same problem. patch it like this:

ok i got the pdlibs compiled and installed correctly. thank you for your help.

now i ran the test and its saying my php-bz2 is not installed. do i have to configure it or add it to something?
sudo apt-get install php-bz2
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
php-bz2 is already the newest version (2:8.1+92+ubuntu22.04.1+deb.sury.org+1).
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
javascript-common libaccinj64-11.5 libcub-dev libcublas11 libcublaslt11 libcudart11.0 libcufft10 libcufftw10 libcupti-dev libcupti-doc libcupti11.5 libcurand10
libcusolver11 libcusolvermg11 libcusparse11 libegl-dev libgl-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libgles-dev libgles1 libglvnd-core-dev libglvnd-dev libglx-dev libjs-jquery
libjs-sphinxdoc libjs-underscore libnppc11 libnppial11 libnppicc11 libnppidei11 libnppif11 libnppig11 libnppim11 libnppist11 libnppisu11 libnppitc11 libnpps11
libnvblas11 libnvidia-egl-wayland1 libnvjpeg11 libnvrtc-builtins11.5 libnvrtc11.2 libnvtoolsext1 libnvvm4 libopengl-dev libtbb-dev libtbb12 libtbbmalloc2
libthrust-dev libvdpau-dev node-html5shiv nsight-compute nsight-compute-target nvidia-cuda-gdb nvidia-cuda-toolkit-doc nvidia-opencl-dev ocl-icd-opencl-dev
opencl-c-headers opencl-clhpp-headers
Use ‘sudo apt autoremove’ to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

PASS Check for pdlib presence [tests/001.phpt]
PASS Basic tests for chinese_whispers [tests/chinese_whispers_basic.phpt]
PASS Edge given in edges array for chinese_whispers functions is associative array [tests/chinese_whispers_edge_associative_array_error.phpt]
PASS Edge elements given in edges array for chinese_whispers functions are not of long type [tests/chinese_whispers_edge_elements_not_long.phpt]
PASS Edge given in edges array for chinese_whispers functions is not having all values to be arrays with 2 elements [tests/chinese_whispers_edge_not_2_element_error.phpt]
PASS Edge given in edges array is not array for chinese_whispers functions [tests/chinese_whispers_edge_not_array_error.phpt]
PASS Args given to chinese_whispers functions is not correct [tests/chinese_whispers_wrong_arg_type_error.phpt]
PASS Testing CnnFaceDetection constructor without arguments [tests/cnn_face_detection_ctor_error.phpt]
PASS Testing CnnFaceDetection constructor with model that do not exist [tests/cnn_face_detection_ctor_model_not_found_error.phpt]
PASS Frontal face detection. [tests/dlib_face_detection.phpt]
PASS Testing FaceLandmarkDetection constructor without arguments [tests/face_landmark_detection_ctor_error.phpt]
PASS Testing FaceRecognition constructor without arguments [tests/face_recognition_ctor_error.phpt]
**SKIP Full test for face recognition - download models, detect faces, landmark detection and face recognition. [tests/integration_face_recognition.phpt] reason: bz2 extension missing

PASS Basic tests for dlib_vector_length [tests/vector_length.phpt]
PASS Just test php extension version [tests/version.phpt]

sudo apt install php-bz2

That should be all :slight_smile: