I have an issue that has slowly been driving me mad, and despite checking and asking around pretty much everywhere, no solution yet.
I have a nextcloudpi setup. I want to add a usb stick as additional storage (so not move the entire database to the usb stick). When i insert it, and add it using external storages (using the path /media/usblabel), neither the admin nor the normal account has write permissions for the folder.
How do i fix the permissions?
I have tried
- reformatting to ext4 (instead of btrfs)
- Changing permissions the usb using chmod
- changing ownership of the usb using chown
- rebooting, reinstalling and re-enabling my entire nextcloudpi
- banging my head against the wall
- changing/adjusting all the external storages settings (in the admin settings menu)
- renaming, reformatting and re-inserting the drive.
- praying to the unix gods
- different usb drives
Error message Nothing has worked so far, and all have resulted in the same message: “you don’t have permission to upload or create files here”