External storage IP problem

I got this crazy problem. During the weekend we mover our NC 23.0.0 from a low performance server to a faster server.

We did an SQL dump and copied the data folded to the new server after we done a new install on the new server i.e. an NC 23.0.0 1 to 1 move. Everything worked perfectly.
Except external storage set up! Wehn I go in to the external storage setup as admin, I’m getting an error pave saying, “Internal server error” AND it shows the old servers IP! I recon that’s the problem, but finding where to change the IP? Anyone else seen this issue?

Are external storage connected via webdav/ftp/etc.?
You could adjust external storage’s via CLI, check this out https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#files-external

I would start with

sudo -u www-data php occ files_external:list

to see the list of external storages.

Yes we did that and then removed the old SFP mount that sort of came with in the migration
Now when we doit we get “No admin mounts configured”

BTW
The IP thats presented when we go into the external option is the old servers external IP! Not the IP on the internal net.

Can you export configuration as JSON via files_external:export put correct IP address there and put it back via files_external:import?
Because I do not really understand what kind of IP you mean… You connected to external Storage via IP directly?

Export the config.php?

The IP is the external in front ofthe NAT

Than I’m lost… I thought you setup your external storage’s with direct IP binding, but seems not.

You wrote:

You means .../index.php/settings/admin/externalstorages or something else?

Where do you have this page? Where IP is shown?

No. With command files_external:export you can export current External storages setup in JSON format.

Found it!

1 Like