External storage Configure users to have access to their home drives

Hi all, I’m having a bit of trouble configuring the External Storage. I want all users in the domain to have access to their home drive when they log in to Nextcloud. I have enabled External Storage and am trying to configure it as follows:
Host : Ip from file server
Share: home$
Subfolder: \Folderxxx$user

But unfortunately it doesn’t work, if I use the correct username instead of $user, then it works.

Can you give me a tip how I can solve this best.
Thanks in advance
PS: I have installed Nextcloud 23.

Hi, I am running NC 22 but for me it worked for an external drive, when creating in the desired destination, a folder for each desired user named ‘UserName1’ and setting the path to ‘/media/externalHD/UserName1/’ (ignore the ’ ').
Within External Storage settings:
Directory: e.g. Home
Path: ‘/media/externeHD/$user/’
Assign the NC users that should have access and have a prepared folder acoording to the UserName.
The “User” will than access the level behind ‘/UserName1/’ and can create folders/files.
Hope that helps. Sorry, I have currently no chance to verify SMB/CIFS settings.

Hi, thanks but i dont understand what you mean.
greets Eddie

Does no one else have an idea?

I assume that he mean that how to mount external storage so that each user are mapped to spesific home directory by username. Same way than main storage automatically create own home directory for each user and only shows content of it.
And that $user works fine. But problem is that external storage module wont automatically create non existing home folder for user.