External Smb storage

Nextcloud version 12.02:
Operating system and version freeBSD11:
Apache or nginx version Apache 2.4.27:
PHP version 7.1.9:
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:No, has been this way the whole time nextcloud installed

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The issue you are facing:Hi, I have a new installation of nextcould on a freenas machine inside of a jail. I have gone through the steps (I think, the smbclient notification went away) to install smbclient. I am ubable to connect to an smb share I have set up on my freenas. I can connect with ‘local’ storage, but I think in order to preserve and control the windows permissions that already exist on the datasets in the the share, I need to add storage via smb. I have identical user/ID and group/ID set up via command line in the jail, and as nextcloud users via the gui (as was suggested on the freenas forums), and according to what I have read there, this should work.

I am fairly new to freenas/bsd/command line usage, and now nextcloud, so I could have easily missed something soemwhere. I am wondering if maybe I have missed something during the nextcloud install, or possibly I don’t have something configured correctly.
Thanks

Here is a guide how this can be achieved by use of NFS:

Maybe helpful.