External sites link opened in a new tab

Hello,

Is it possible to configure that the links that can’t be opened in embedded mode will be opened in another tab instead of just getting open in the nextcloud tab (Not embedded)?

I have been looking in the code for External sites and found that it might be in

nextcloud/apps/external/lib/AppInfo/Application.php

But I don’t really have that much of PHP experience so don’t really know what to change.

Anyone that have any ideas? Or know how to change it?

1 Like

I believe it is configured from Settings > Administration > External sites

I don’t see any options under Setting>Administration>External sites that allows you to open URL in a new tab. The only option that is available is “This site does not allow embedding”.

As @alhmay said, you are only able to configure for embedded or not there. But by default the new site will open in the same tab as Nextcloud and not in a new tab.

Would need to be able to change that somehow so that it is embedded OR opened in a new tab and not the same tab.

Unfortunately 2 years old issue for a target="_blank" option ^^

Limits of using an API …

hi @rojz you can install this app “custom menu” and enable this option " Open apps in new tab"
this is worked for me.

And don’t forget enable “this site does not allow embedding”

Have a great day

you can install this app “custom menu” and enable this option " Open apps in new tab"
this is worked for me.

And don’t forget enable “this site does not allow embedding”

Have a great day

Well, it opens all apps in new tab, that’s not the expected behaviour of original post …

You can select what apps must be open in new tab.

Option to open up in new tab PER entry should be the way forward?