Example Files not accessible to new Users (after Migration from OC 902)

Hi,

after several migration issues (which I eventually was able to figured out myself - see also my other Topics) I’m still stuck with one issue I can not get solved…

ISSUE:
New Users created (under NC 905) can see the filenames but are not able to access the system example files
[example.odt, and Squirrel/SanFrancisco/Paris jpgs]

Existing Users from OC 902 have no issues accessing and viewing the files

The following ERRORS are shown in the Log:

Error PHP opendir(/www/htdocs/wXXXXXc/[myDATASTORAGE]/…/…/[UserName]/files_trashbin/files): failed to open dir: No such file or directory at /www/htdocs/wXXXXXc/[myCLOUD]/nextcloud/lib/private/files/storage/local.php#99

Error PHP fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 at /www/htdocs/wXXXXXc/[myCLOUD]/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/Wrapper.php#83

When using the GALLERY App, the following Error is shown when trying to access the example files by a new user:

Sorry, this file could not be found.

Reasons might be:
	the wrong file ID was provided
            the file was removed
            the file is corrupt 
            the encryption key is missing

Here is the error message returned by the server: 
             There was a problem accessing the file (404)
         For more information, please contact your friendly ownCloud administrator.

Anyone seen this or have an idea for a solution ?

Thank’s

Oliver

Should not happen. If you see such problems between file-index and the actual files, you can manually start a check of the file-index:
sudo -u www-data php /path/to/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

SOLUTION. FOUND :wink:

after months…

Issue was the following:

• I used the REGISTRATION APP to allow new users to register themselfes

• as a precaution against spammers and unwanted users (who unfortunately can not be controlled properly yet in the APP) I set the STANDARD-QUOTA for all USERS to “0 B” = zero Bytes, so a new selfregistered user would not have “space to move” :wink:

• what happens on the server side is that with the first login of each new user, all STANDARD & EXAMPLE Files are beeing created, but with SIZE = ZERO !!! i.e. file names are visible, but obviously with no(=zero) content !!

That was the whole f… issue :wink: - sorry for my bad thought :wink:

You didn’t mention that in your initial post ;-(

if I only had known… :wink:

thank’s anyways for the help !!