Error while Upgrade to 21.0.1

Hi,

i have more problems and got some errors while upgrade to the latest version:

On CLI with ./occ upgrade: it hangs at step Checked for update of app "workflowengine" in appstore

On web interface it hangs at Repair step: Repair mime types an got after some time the message:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1206 The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size

The update was unsuccessful. Please report this issue to the [Nextcloud community](https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues).

Is there anybody who’s got the same problem?

Additional information: After i run php7.3 ./occ maintenance:repair i got following result:

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
 - Repair MySQL collation
     - All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
 - Repair mime types

In ExceptionConverter.php line 40:

An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction  

In Exception.php line 26:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction  

In Statement.php line 82:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction  

Best regards
Stefan

Do you use Redis for file locking? If not then this should be the best solution as according to the error messages, the SQL database seems to be overloaded with file locking.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/files_locking_transactional.html
Use the second option via UNIX socket.

Okay, but my database is running on a different server as nextcloud. If i understand correct, it’s about only a file locking problem within the webserver and it’s files. So, the redis server has to be installed on the same server as nextcloud is running? Not on the server with the database instance, right? Redis takes over the file locking procedure instead of mysql?

BTW: My files are mounted via nfs also on a different server (because, it’s a shared web server). Would be this constellation takes some problems? Redis and its php extension has to be installed on all web server…

I got it: Redis should installed on the same server as the mysql instance. The php extension for Redis communication should installed on the shared web server. Same constellation as with mysql and its extension.

Update:

After installed redis and its php extension i still have the error on the webserver.

Data communication between webserver and redis daemon is present (i’ve seen this via tcpdump and it’s shown in the redis logfile).

I can’t believe that I’ve only been experimenting here for hours. Lately I have had problems with updates (no matter where). More and more often, something doesn’t work that has simply been stable since then. Now it’s the middle of the night again and no solution is in sight.

I’m quit!