Error while trying to create admin user: There is no column with name 'remember' on table 'oc_authtoken'

Hello all,

I have this error wheni try to run nextcloud (for the first time):

Error while trying to create admin user: There is no column with name ‘remember’ on table 'oc_authtoken’

Could you help me to find what is the meaning of this error and how to resolve this ?
Thank you very much ! :slightly_smiling_face:

… same error when I try to convert database from SQLite to mySQL!
“In SchemaExeption.php line 86”

Same error here while attempting a clean install of v15.0.7 with MySQL. Did any of you pin down the culprit?

Although I’ve personally never seen this message during a Nextcloud installation, you should make sure that the following database columns exist in the table oc_authtoken.

MariaDB [nextcloud]> describe oc_authtoken;
+------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field            | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id               | bigint(20) unsigned  | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| uid              | varchar(64)          | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| login_name       | varchar(64)          | NO   |     |         |                |
| password         | longtext             | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| name             | longtext             | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| token            | varchar(200)         | NO   | UNI |         |                |
| type             | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| last_activity    | int(10) unsigned     | NO   | MUL | 0       |                |
| last_check       | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| remember         | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| scope            | longtext             | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| expires          | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| private_key      | longtext             | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| public_key       | longtext             | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| version          | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   | MUL | 1       |                |
| password_invalid | tinyint(1)           | NO   |     | 0       |                |

You can try to add the missing column remember manually by executing the following MySQL/MariadDB command:

ALTER TABLE `oc_authtoken` ADD COLUMN `remember` SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

Well, in my case, there is no such table. There is no oc_* table at all, in fact.

In this case something went wrong at an earlier stage of the installation. Usually you should find several different tables in the Nextcloud database. You should try to install Nextcloud from scratch, as described in the documentation.

MariaDB [nextcloud]> show tables;
+-----------------------------------+
| Tables_in_nextcloud               |
+-----------------------------------+
| oc_accounts                       |
| oc_activity                       |
| oc_activity_mq                    |
| oc_addressbookchanges             |
| oc_addressbooks                   |
| oc_announcements                  |
| oc_announcements_groups           |
| oc_appconfig                      |

I confirm that no oc_* table exists.

I also tried to reinstall (ie, clear the NC directory, reupload the files from the installation archive), same result.

It may be noted that I’m trying to install NC on a shared webhost at OVH. Apparently, it’s possible according to this tutorial that I was carefully applying.

Maybe I should retry with another browser (I use Vivaldi). I’ll try with a blank (ie no addons) Firefox.

Done that, still the same error :frowning:

Unfortunately my French is not so good to answer, but to read the articles. It seems that it might be a little bit tricky to install Nextcloud on an OVH web server. I’ve collected some additional information which might help you with your installation. Eventually @Vincent_Bardet can provide some support because he managed to install the software successfully:

Thanks j-ed. Unfortunately nowhere in your links is my problem solved or even addressed. In my case, the installation script doesn’t create a single table in the DB.

If I willingly provide wrong DB credentials, I get another error: Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] ProxySQL Error: Access denied for user 'whatever'@'[redacted ip address]' (using password: YES)

So we can consider in the OP’s problem that the credentials are right. it’s what happens next that has problems.

The SQL error says that you’ve configured Nextcloud to access the database, or better to say MySQL proxy, using the mentioned IP address. You have to make sure that your database excepts connections on that interface for the mentioned user. Here you will find information how you can check the user accesses: