Error when I share files/folders via link

Hi,
I switched from owncloud 9 to nextcloud 9 and the upgrade worked flawlessly. I’d like to thank all nextcloud devs for their hard work - you guys rock!!!

Today I stumbled over an annoying problem (maybe bug) though - when I try to share files or folders via link sharing (“Link teilen” checkbox) an error message pops up: http://www.clipular.com/c/5189765479006208.png?k=RwaI_e5a09oYUWR5fgB6MMX6fZ4

However the link sharing seems to work, because as soon as I reload the page the link sharing checkbox is ticked and I can copy the sharing url. If I deselect the sharing checkbox I don’t get an error message.

I checked the fatal error log and found:

Fatal webdav Exception: {"Message":"Default encryption module not loaded","Exception":"OC\\Encryption\\Exceptions\\ModuleDoesNotExistsException","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/encryption\/manager.php(200): OC\\Encryption\\Manager->getDefaultEncryptionModule()\n#1 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/encryption\/update.php(177): OC\\Encryption\\Manager->getEncryptionModule()\n#2 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/encryption\/update.php(139): OC\\Encryption\\Update->update('\/USERNAME...')\n#3 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/encryption\/hookmanager.php(42): OC\\Encryption\\Update->postRename(Array)\n#4 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/hook.php(105): OC\\Encryption\\HookManager::postRename(Array)\n#5 \/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/files\/view.php(798): OC_Hook::emit('OC_Filesystem', 'post_rename', Array)\n#6 \/www\/htdocs\/apps\/dav\/lib\/connector\/sabre\/objecttree.php(254): OC\\Files\\View->rename('\/Dokumente\/U...', '\/Software\/B...')\n#7 \/www\/htdocs\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/CorePlugin.php(640): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\ObjectTree->move('Dokumente\/U...', 'Software\/B...')\n#8 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpMove(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#9 \/www\/htdocs\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#10 \/www\/htdocs\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('method:MOVE', Array)\n#11 \/www\/htdocs\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#12 \/www\/htdocs\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v1\/webdav.php(55): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#13 \/www\/htdocs\/remote.php(138): require_once('\/www\/htdocs\/w....')\n#14 {main}","File":"\/www\/htdocs\/lib\/private\/encryption\/manager.php","Line":217,"User":"USERNAME"}

I don’t use the encryption module and my files are not encrypted.

Thank you,
Peter

Hello, I am having the identical issue in at least the warning and the link generation behavior is the same, and I also moved from owncloud9 to nextcloud9.
however my issue is likely different since my error is dissimilar.

Exception:
		{"Exception":"OC\\Encryption\\Exceptions\\ModuleDoesNotExistsException","Message":"Default
		encryption module not loaded","Code":0,"Trace":"#0
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/encryption\/manager.php(200):
		OC\\Encryption\\Manager->getDefaultEncryptionModule()\n#1
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/encryption\/update.php(177):
		OC\\Encryption\\Manager->getEncryptionModule()\n#2
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/encryption\/update.php(90):
		OC\\Encryption\\Update->update('\/MYUSER...')\n#3
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/encryption\/hookmanager.php(35):
		OC\\Encryption\\Update->postShared(Array)\n#4 [internal
		function]: OC\\Encryption\\HookManager::postShared(Array)\n#5
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/hook.php(105):
		call_user_func(Array, Array)\n#6
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/share20\/manager.php(614):
		OC_Hook::emit('OCP\\\\Share', 'post_shared', Array)\n#7
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_sharing\/api\/share20ocs.php(396):
		OC\\Share20\\Manager->createShare(Object(OC\\Share20\\Share))\n#8
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_sharing\/api\/ocssharewrapper.php(44):
		OCA\\Files_Sharing\\API\\Share20OCS->createShare()\n#9
		[internal function]:
		OCA\\Files_Sharing\\API\\OCSShareWrapper->createShare(Array)\n#10
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/api.php(175):
		call_user_func(Array, Array)\n#11 [internal function]:
		OC_API::call(Array)\n#12
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/route\/router.php(276):
		call_user_func(Array, Array)\n#13
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/ocs\/v1.php(54):
		OC\\Route\\Router->match('\/ocs\/apps\/files...')\n#14
		\/var\/www\/owncloud\/ocs\/v2.php(22):
		require_once('\/var\/www\/ownclo...')\n#15
		{main}","File":"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/encryption\/manager.php","Line":217}

Encryption module "" not found, file will be stored
		unencrypted (Default encryption module not loaded) 

I also would like to point out that the check mark for encryption in my settings is checked but no module has ever been installed, so nothing is encrypted and I would like to keep it that way(but I would like the setting to revert to not encrypted). owncloud9 had the same issue for me but the error window was never generated everytime I share using a link.
what can I do?

NC version 9.0.53? Do you have the encryption app enabled?

I do not have the app enabled , and I dont want to. I would like to get the check box unchecked in the settings since the app has never yet been enabled.

Then this message must not show up. Please report this bug on the bugtracker on Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub

let me be completely clear, in owncloud 8 I enabled encryption accidentally but never enabled the app so nothing was every encrypted. however the check box in the admin area cannot be unchecked since upgrading to nextcloud 9 from owncloud 9 I started getting errors when trying to share links.

Ok, that explains why you get this error. However, why can you enable encryption if the encryption app is disabled? That must not happen. Probably you can solve this by disabling an option in your database. I don’t know where and the developers should have a look at it.