Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04 Focal
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.18.0
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.3
Database: MariaDB 10.3.31
System installed from scratch (new SSD). Nextcloud runs flawlessly after installation. [Admin > Overview > Security & setup warnings => All checks passed.]
Intended to run only within the LAN. No access to outside world.
Backup from old installation available (Nextcloud 184.108.40.206) but not yet restored.
1st attempt of user creation:
- Create new user with identical user name as old installation: “Users | New user”
- Chose identical password for this user as old installation
- Found out that due to the password policy old password is not valid (only the constraint that min. password length of 10 characters was infringed)
- Changed password policy in “Settings | Security | Password policy | Minimum password length”
2nd attempt of user creation:
- User created as per step 1 & 2 from above
- Newly created user was not able to login to Nextcloud
- Login as Nextcloud admin and deleted new user
Issue I’m facing:
- User that was created & deleted before cannot be created again. Error message box appears for half a second in upper right corner of Nextcloud web interface:
“An error occurred during the request. Unable to proceed. Username is invalid because files already exist for this user.”
=> My hypothesis is that my iPhone synced via webdav in the meantime. I simply forgot to deactivate syncing. Indication: My iPhone calendar entries are gone & its address book is messed up.
BernieO’s tool calcardbackup was not able to backup any calendars/contacts because there is nothing from any user.
- Is there a way to get hold of the data (calendar/contacts) that was received from my iPhone?
- How can I prevent in future that a newly connected webdav client (e.g. phone/tablet) of a newly created Nextcloud user gets deleted (loses its calendar/contact entries)? => i.e. populate only from device to nc on first connect.
- How can I create this user? Restore from backup would be one option but is there another way?
Thanks a lot in advance.
The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Settings > Logging:
[ocs_api] Error: Failed addUser attempt with invalid argument exeption. POST /ocs/v2.php/cloud/users from 192.168.1.13 by ncadmin at 2021-11-08T14:36:21+01:00 0. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Manager.php - line 396: OC\User\Manager->createUserFromBackend() 1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/provisioning_api/lib/Controller/UsersController.php - line 410: OC\User\Manager->createUser() 2. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 217: OCA\Provisioning_API\Controller\UsersController->addUser("*** sensiti ... *") 3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 126: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController() 4. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 156: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch() 5. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 301: OC\AppFramework\App::main() 6. /var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php - line 62: OC\Route\Router->match() 7. /var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v2.php - line 23: require_once("/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php")