Error upgrading from 27.0.1 to 27.0.2

Hi,

Hi,
Last month I installed version 27.0.1 on the new debian bookworm, and now I’m trying to update to 27.0.2 and I can’t.

Through the web updater, after a few minutes, it shows the error 504 gateway timeout.

From the CLI, it displays the following error:

root@NextCloud:~# sudo -u www-data php8.2 /var/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud is already latest version
root@NextCloud:~# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v26.0.0beta2-9-g64e2e4c dirty

Current version is 27.0.1.

In Updater.php line 486:

Could not do request to updater server: SSL connection timeout

update [–no-backup] [–no-upgrade]

root@NextCloud:~#

Can you help me to update? Thanks

There should be a log file in your data directory called updater.log with details, but from the error message it appears you have a network connectivity or firewall issue with outbound connections from your NC server.

Can you confirm, using curl or wget at the command-line, that you can access the archive url from your NC server - e.g.

curl https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-27.0.2.zip --output /dev/null

Hi jtr,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

I managed to solve the problem.

The problem only happened with ip version 6, so I did some tests and found that the provider blocks icmp6 type 2. (packet too big)

As the link is pppoe, the MTU is 1492. As the nextcloud server does not receive icmp6 repply requesting to retransmit with smaller mtu, curl never receives the response.

I solved the problem by adding this rule in my firewall:

ip6tables -t mangle -o ppp0 --insert FORWARD 1 -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -m tcpmss --mss 1400:65495 -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

Thank you very much for the help