Error nextcloud update The following extra files have been found: custom.d.ts cypress.d.ts

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27 beta 1 => beta 2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Kali rolling, arm64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.57-2
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2.4

The issue you are facing:

Upgrading from NC27b1 to NC27b2 it complained about extra files custom.d.ts and cyrpress.d.ts being found in the nextcloud directory.
I moved them away, proceeded with the upgrade, but post upgrade, identical files were found at the same location.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

no idea, went through several upgrades before, never had this message.
Also, no idea if these files were there before and just no complaints are being made, or if some NC app is misbehaving under NC27 and keeps placing them there. Hence the question…

The files seem to be authored (according to the comments within) by skjnldsv (John Molakvoæ) · GitHub but nothing there has any direct bearing on my installation, which makes it plausible that he either authored an Nextcloud app I’m using (but which?) or someone employed some of his tools/templates.

See here:

They’re part of the beta update process.

1 Like

Ah, thanks!

Still odd, that they are right back after the upgrade, which seems they belong there, and hence, why the need to remove them in the first place? :man_shrugging:t2:

same issue here, impossible to make the update through the web pages from NC27b1 to NC27b2 without connecting first by ssh to remove those 2 files

Of course you have the same “issue”. Everyone updating from beta1 to beta2 has this issue. That’s why it was explicitly mentioned in the post with the release notes, which was linked two posts before yours.