Error installing "Bookmark" app

Running 16.0.3 (can’t update to 16.0.5 due to an error currently).

Bookmark worked smoothly but suddenly stopped. I neither can remove/reinstall or update anymore, each time facing the same error message:

An exception occurred while executing ‘CREATE TABLE oc_bookmarks_tags (bookmark_id BIGINT DEFAULT NULL, tag VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ‘’ NOT NULL, UNIQUE INDEX bookmark_tag (bookmark_id, tag)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin ENGINE = InnoDB ROW_FORMAT = compressed’: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Whats wrong here? I ran across other posts facing this error while updating from NC 14… but I doubt this is the same.

It is obviously connected to the permitted key length of the DB but I don’t have any clue what to do.

Pls help me! I need & love the Bookmark app!!

You should make sure that you’ve converted your database tables to bigint as described here to prevent such problems.

BTW, you find a very good search function in the upper right corner of this forum :wink:

Thanks but that didn’t help.

–> OCC response to “db:convert-filecache-bigint”:

All tables already up to date!

But error still continues to exist.

Any other ideas?

Issue was fixed after web update from 16.0.3 to 16.0.5. Probably all database settings corrected through the update routine…

1 Like

Fine, that it has been fixed. BTW, the mentioned command only checks the file cache table but not all other Nextcloud database tables so that I’m not surprised that it didn’t fix the problem.