Error in the logs INeedSyncVersionBackend" not found

Hello,

I have a strange error. The logs are full of this message.
I am running Nextcloud Hub 5 (27.0.2) on Ubuntu 22.04
Do you have any clue how to solve that ?

Thanks

Error: Interface "OCA\Files_Versions\Versions\INeedSyncVersionBackend" not found in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Versions/VersionsBackend.php:46
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php(582): include()
#1 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php(433): Composer\Autoload\{closure}()
#2 /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/AppInfo/Application.php(138): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
#3 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(171): OCA\GroupFolders\AppInfo\Application->OCA\GroupFolders\AppInfo\{closure}()
#4 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#5 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(138): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#6 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php(488): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#7 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php(466): OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback()
#8 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(97): OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->query()
#9 [internal function]: OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#10 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(116): array_map()
#11 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(124): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->buildClass()
#12 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(142): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve()
#13 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php(494): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#14 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php(466): OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback()
#15 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(65): OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->query()
#16 /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/AppInfo/Application.php(158): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#17 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(171): OCA\GroupFolders\AppInfo\Application->OCA\GroupFolders\AppInfo\{closure}()
#18 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#19 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(138): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#20 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php(488): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#21 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(155): OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback()
#22 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(217): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#23 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(131): OC\Console\Application->loadCommandsFromInfoXml()
#24 /var/www/html/nextcloud/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands()
#25 /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('...')

1 Like

Cc @artonge

Same to me.
Occurs every second since the last Update of Apps like Bookmarks, Appointments, News and some others, didn’t know all of them.

I’m running 27.0.1 nextcloudpi on this piece.
Thanks for giving a hint.

Hello @DD-derfred , did you update GroupFolders recently ?
Thanks

I got this error after update of group folder app. When group folder app is disabled this error goes away. Anyone know how to rollback update for group folder app to previous version? Thanks for the help everyone.

I think, it was part of the update of 6 or 7 apps i did some hours ago.
Does the uodater file an update-history ??

I’ve disabled it for now.

Hey, I am seeing the same error when doing occ group:list.

I don’t know if this is related but I am using ldap-integration and my users still have their ldap-groups assigned and they are displayed under personal information, however they are not displayed in the user-managment tab when trying to add a user (only the group “admin” is).
Same for groupfolders. It shows the old groups and the respective folders (which are working), however no group besides “admin” is listed when trying to add a group to a folder.

I had the same problem and thought it was from updating the OCR workflow app. I couldn’t run OCC at all. Disabling group folders fixed it.

There is never any indication which app is causing a problem in Nextcloud. Is there some way to at least signal to the user which app is causing a given crash? This has happened before where I get stuck in maintenance mode and have to sequentially disable every app until I find the culprit.

I’m experiencing the same problem. Disabling Group Folders fixed it for me as well.

Same thing for me, started right after I updated Group Folders app… disabling the app gets rid of the error.

Any chance to downgrade the app or install an older version? Kinda depending on Group Folders in our instance, ngl…

Nursoda has posted the following workaround on GitHub, to be executed in your nextcloud dir (/var/www/nextcloud, for example):

sed -i -e "/INeedSyncVersionBackend;/d" -e "s/, INeedSyncVersionBackend//" apps/groupfolders/lib/Versions/VersionsBackend.php

Worked for me

2 Likes

Thanks, it worked well for me too. :+1:

There seems to be a new version (15.2.0) out just about an hour ago:

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/groupfolders/releases?platform=27#27

Hello,

Just installed the latest version of Group Folders and it seems that it corrects the issue. :+1:

Thanks

After Update on the 15.2.0 Version of GroupFiles, i have no Menu in the NextcloudOffice.

Some onoe also?

Regards
Tom