Error code 413 when uploading from iOS application

Dear all,

I have just completed the installation and started to use NextCloud a couple of days ago.

My setup is a Raspberry PI 4 using OMV and Docker.
I am using SWAG (GitHub - linuxserver/docker-swag: Nginx webserver and reverse proxy with php support and a built-in Certbot (Let's Encrypt) client. It also contains fail2ban for intrusion prevention.) and successfully followed the setup as described here ([How-To] Nextcloud with swag (Letsencrypt) using OMV and docker-compose - Guides - openmediavault).

Nextcloud version 22.2.3
Operating system and version: raspbian (debian 10)
Docker image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud (current version)
Nextcloud Liquid for iOS 4.2.0.5

I have an issue while uploading my iPhone images library. It has uploaded fine most of them but those files bigger that ~100 fail with a 403 (too big) error.

I have tried with different values of the chunk size in the app (settings->advanced): 0, 10 and 100 MB.

I have done some research before this post, and applied the following changes, without success:

1. Change client_max_body_size to 0
    ./appdata/nextcloud/config/nginx/site-confs/default ← Changed from 512 to 0
    ./appdata/nextcloud/config/nginx/nginx.conf ← Already was 0
    ./appdata/swag/config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf ← Already was 0

2. Into de docker, modified this file ./etc/php7/php.ini
    upload_max_filesize=16G ← Modified
    post_max_size 16G ← Was already with that value

I have also seen this, but says related to > 512MB, my issue happens with >~100 MB.
(https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html)

I am stuck and can’t find any other reliable sources.
I am sure I’m overlooking something basic.
Can you please help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi all,

Any ideas about this?
I am completely stuck on this and don’t know what to do.

Many thanks!

Quick update. I have also followed this thread:

I have created the file /etc/nginx/conf.d/my_custom_proxy_settings.conf in the running container as described (create that file with a single line containing “client_max_body_size 30m;” without the quotes).
Restarted the container but It didn’t work. Moreover, I am getting this error in the nginx log since, so I reverted it back:
/var/log/nginx/error.log
2021/12/27 13:48:02 [emerg] 6860#6860: “client_max_body_size” directive is duplicate in /etc/nginx/http.d/my_custom_proxy_settings.conf:1

It looks like the nginx is “already aware” of that directive, so doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Dear all, I wish you a wonderful new year.

Any ideas about this issue please? Thanks!

Hi all,
I am still stuck with this. Anyone can give me a clue about where to look at?

Thank you!

Hi, Any solution for this issue ?