Error after sharing folder as external link

Hi all,
after creating a folder on the NextCloud web file manager, I uploaded some photos and created a shared link for everyone knowing it. Tests with this link showed an error message like this: this folder is not available, contact the admin.

I found some log which started with this first entry:

{“reqId”:“fA2dz7vMIACM0mLhf9HL”,“level”:4,“time”:“2022-05-05T16:32:12+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“84.145.30.203”,“user”:"–",“app”:“webdav”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/nextcloud/public.php/webdav/",“message”:“Reached maximum delay”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0”,“version”:“22.2.7.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“OCP\Security\Bruteforce\MaxDelayReached”,“Message”:“Reached maximum delay”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/PublicAuth.php",“line”:96,“function”:“sleepDelayOrThrowOnMax”,“class”:“OC\Security\Bruteforce\Throttler”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“84.145.30.203”,“public_webdav_auth”]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Backend/AbstractBasic.php",“line”:103,“function”:“validateUserPass”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\PublicAuth”,“type”:"->",“args”:["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php",“line”:182,“function”:“check”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Auth\Backend\AbstractBasic”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Request”},{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Response”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php",“line”:137,“function”:“check”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Request”},{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Response”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php",“line”:89,“function”:“beforeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Request”},{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Response”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:456,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“beforeMethod:PROPFIND”,[{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Request”},{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Response”}]]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:253,“function”:“invokeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Request”},{“class”:“Sabre\HTTP\Response”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:321,“function”:“start”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->",“args”:},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/publicwebdav.php",“line”:113,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->",“args”:},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/public.php",“line”:80,“args”:["/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/publicwebdav.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Security/Bruteforce/Throttler.php",“Line”:358,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“id”:“6273fc0c8b38f”}

I hope, someone has an idea about that. Thanks in advance.

Hi @arter,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try to collect the required information. So far, I administered NextCloud completely via the web interface. For config.php or `/var/log/____’, I’ll try to look into the underlying server which hasn’t been necessary so far.