Endless sync on desktop client 2.5.0 and 2.5.1

Hi 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 cause endless sync for me on Mac (MacBook Pro and iMac) with NC server 14.0.4

Also it shows the unresolved conflicts icon in the tray in exchange with the sync icon.

And it consumes 100% CPU and often hangs and needed to be killed.

UPDATE:

After rolling back to 2.3.3 I have a working client back with less than 10% cpu usage. Don’t know what you guys have done but the 2.5.x versions are far away from production maturity and I am pretty much astonished that they have been published.

1 Like

@solick Are you still having this problem? How did you roll back to 2.33?

i am testing the 2.5.2 version. On my iMAC it seems to work fine. On my MacBook Pro it is still syncing but I will give it a try one day more.

In any case you can find here older versions: https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/

The 2.5.2 isn’t perfect for me too. On a linux and Windows 10 client.
I am still on 2.3.3.
The server is up to date on 16.

So it is better with 2.5.2 but from time to time the sync takes hours and hours completely blocking the client. I was wondering if there is a automatic complete re-scan from time to time which cloud cause this behavior.

I still have bugs with this version.
1- can’t do a from scratch sync, i had to do it with 2.3.3 and then go back to 2.5.2 and now it’s fine
2- i lost login at every reboot. I have to log in again so anoying

After some weeks of testing i gave up and switched back to 2.3.3
I have a lot of crashes, unresponsivness end endless sync with high cpu load with 2.5.2 and macOS.

Still the 2.5.X version is not usable for production.

Are there any updates here? I’m seeing this issue on desktop client 2.6.1 and Fedora 31. It continually uses 100% of one CPU thread.