Endless loading of one calender after upgrade to nc11

Hello,

after upgrading from 10.0.1 to 11 there is one single calendar that does not load (endless loading).

There are about 7 calendars and just one of them does not work. The difference between that one and others is a dot in the name (not sure if that does make a difference).

In the log i got an error messages but i am not sure if they are related.

Fatal    webdav    Sabre\VObject\Recur\MaxInstancesExceededException: Recurring events are only allowed to generate 3500

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Recur/EventIterator.php - line 410: Sabre\VObject\Recur\EventIterator->valid()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Component/VEvent.php - line 49: Sabre\VObject\Recur\EventIterator->fastForward(Object(DateTimeImmutable))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/CalendarQueryValidator.php - line 291: Sabre\VObject\Component\VEvent->isInTimeRange(Object(DateTimeImmutable), Object(DateTimeImmutable))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/CalendarQueryValidator.php - line 79: Sabre\CalDAV\CalendarQueryValidator->validateTimeRange(Object(Sabre\VObject\Component\VEvent), Object(DateTimeImmutable), Object(DateTimeImmutable))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/CalendarQueryValidator.php - line 41: Sabre\CalDAV\CalendarQueryValidator->validateCompFilters(Object(Sabre\VObject\Component\VCalendar), Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/Backend/AbstractBackend.php - line 145: Sabre\CalDAV\CalendarQueryValidator->validate(Object(Sabre\VObject\Component\VCalendar), Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/CalDAV/CalDavBackend.php - line 1123: Sabre\CalDAV\Backend\AbstractBackend->validateFilterForObject(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/CalDAV/Calendar.php - line 248: OCA\DAV\CalDAV\CalDavBackend->calendarQuery('7', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/Plugin.php - line 624: OCA\DAV\CalDAV\Calendar->calendarQuery(Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CalDAV/Plugin.php - line 250: Sabre\CalDAV\Plugin->calendarQueryReport(Object(Sabre\CalDAV\Xml\Request\CalendarQueryReport))
[internal function] Sabre\CalDAV\Plugin->report('{urn ietf param...', Object(Sabre\CalDAV\Xml\Request\CalendarQueryReport), 'calendars/tobia...')
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 718: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('report', Array)
[internal function] Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpReport(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 479: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('method REPORT', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 227: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 30: OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 165: require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
{main}

Can somebody help on that issue?

There is an error reported after upgrading to nc 11 due to some wrong calendar database entries. See https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/2741 and the following linked issues on github.

Not sure if this is related @rullzer ? Could be helpful to reproduce the error log and get sure that it is related to your calendar loading error.

Just to be sure: It occurs while opening calendar in nc web interface? Also check database error log and provide information about your system, webserver and database.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and the github link. Sounds like that could fix my issue.

Just to be sure: It occurs while opening calendar in nc web interface? Also check database error log and provide information about your system, webserver and database.

Yes, its happening in nc web interface. There is nothing in DB Log.
System: Debian stable, apache, mysql, nc 11, Calendar 1.4.1

I get the same error “Recurring events are only allowed to generate 3500” on a large calendar. Increasing $maxRecurrences in 3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Settings.php to 100000 fixed it for me.

Perhaps it changed with a new sabre-dav version in nc-11? see https://github.com/fruux/sabre-dav/issues/899 also

Ah that’s true, so TOs error is NOT about invalid data, but about this recurring events that are limited to prevent DDOS by an event, according to the github issue discussion.

The issue is actually closed but not fixed, as far is I can see, because the developer didn’t believe in some “real” scenario where this limit could cause a problem. I guess there are at least two real scenarios now :slight_smile: . But I agree that >3500 instances of ONE event is quite much and as far as I understand only events from past until last date shown by calender are counted.

You could check it by looking for often recurring events in the issued calendar (at least once a day, maybe more often), that have no good defined endings, especially start from far in the past. Instead of waiting for a bugfix or adjusting $maxRecurrences I would better adjust those event/s to have proper starting dates not far in the past and also an end not to far in the future.

A post was split to a new topic: Endless loading of one calendar