Email notification

I was set email notification. Test email is working correctly. When I create new account, the notification sent correctly too. But when I share file or directory, then a notification isn’t sent.

In log i see this error:
Exception: {“Exception”:“Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\MissingMandatoryParametersException”,“Message”:“Some mandatory parameters are missing (“fileid”) to generate a URL for route “files.viewcontroller.showFile”.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 /var/www/html/owncloud/3rdparty/symfony/routing/Generator/UrlGenerator.php(136): Symfony\Component\Routing\Generator\UrlGenerator->doGenerate(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, ‘files.viewcontr…’, 1, Array, Array)\n#1 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php(333): Symfony\Component\Routing\Generator\UrlGenerator->generate(‘files.viewcontr…’, Array, 1)\n#2 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/Route/CachingRouter.php(60): OC\Route\Router->generate(‘files.viewcontr…’, Array, false)\n#3 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/URLGenerator.php(69): OC\Route\CachingRouter->generate(‘files.viewcontr…’, Array)\n#4 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/URLGenerator.php(82): OC\URLGenerator->linkToRoute(‘files.viewcontr…’, Array)\n#5 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/Share/MailNotifications.php(126): OC\URLGenerator->linkToRouteAbsolute(‘files.viewcontr…’, Array)\n#6 /var/www/html/owncloud/core/ajax/share.php(77): OC\Share\MailNotifications->sendInternalShareMail(Array, ‘823’, ‘folder’)\n#7 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/Route/Route.php(155) : runtime-created function(1): require_once(’/var/www/html/o…’)\n#8 [internal function]: __lambda_func()\n#9 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php(293): call_user_func(’\x00lambda_910’, Array)\n#10 /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/base.php(967): OC\Route\Router->match(’/core/ajax/shar…’)\n#11 /var/www/html/owncloud/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\n#12 {main}",“File”:"/var/www/html/owncloud/3rdparty/symfony/routing/Generator/UrlGenerator.php",“Line”:165}

Any idea how to resolve this?

Can you report the issue on github please?

Also please provide all asked information

Issue #1277 opened.

thx

Has this issue been resolved. We’re having the same problem.

The functionality has been changed for Nextcloud 11, until then just send the mail individually.

Ok. Can you change the text of the email we get when receiving a notification? Right now the texts we get are truncated.

What do you mean by ‘changed’?
There’s no longer a setting for this.
How do I notify people that I have shared something with them?
At the moment I would rather say that this feature has been removed rather than changed.
Think we are all desperate to have this back…

What’s the idea behind removing email notifications?

Thanks

1 Like

Well yes the direct email option has been removed.

However you can still get an email via the activity app (it’s also enabled by default).
In the future we want to have this also published via the notifications API to the sync clients directly.

Hi, I upgraded to version 11 as recommended on the front page. I am confused by the comment the direct email option has been removed. We have a shared project with people inside and outside the company. The people inside the company have the app and they get the little popups when files are added. the people outside of the company don’t need the app as they only use it occassionally and want to be notified if there are any updates to the project. How will they get an email notification now? Is there something I still need to setup? If the email option is gone, why is the option still under the personal settings screen?

1 Like

related: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/3543

You can vote here: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/2357#issuecomment-273738961

1 Like

Please restore the functionality. Is there any chance of getting it back??? (Nextcloud 12.0.2)

Please make a feature request on github. Topics which are marked as solved are not suitable to ask more unrelated questions:

This has been added for NC 13 already again