Email from nextcloud sendng hundreds of notifications

Debain stable, LAMP stack, email is set up via stmp from the nextcloud admin page.

I woke up the other day with a few hundred email notifications from nextcloud that a new update was available. I think this triggered my mail provider’s anti spam software because I was no longer able to log in using 2fa. I use the app: twofactor_email and was receiving a warning that nextcloud was unable to send email verification and to contact my administrator.

I have looked in syslog, apache error logs, and nextcloud error logs but nothing seems to be posted there. Im not really sure where to look for an error in this case.

I was able to restore email function and twofactor by adding 'mail_smtptimeout' => 30, to my config.php file. Further indicating I must have triggered my email providers anti spam system.

My concern is that this isn’t a sufficient fix. Is there anything else I can look at or should probably re-configure to avoid this problem? Or is it just as simple as nextcloud being too impatient when receiving confirmation of email delivery?

Hi @FarmServer,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

You can also check your email server logs and share those here after removing any sensitive info.

Be as exact as possible in detailing your email setup and settings that might be causing the notifications. If you used a guide, link it here. Thanks!

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.