Email drafts problem

Nextcloud 19.xx on Ubuntu 20.04 (snap). I am having an issue on my account (stock Mail app) where drafts are being saved over and over every few seconds whenever I create a new email. Then I have to go back to the drafts folder and delete them all. Is there a way to work around this bug? Emailing send/receive work fine with my zoho account.

The very same here with gmx.net!!! This way groupmails aren鈥檛 usable. :nauseated_face:

Thanks for the constructive feedback @escriban. This is the fuel that keeps our engines running.

I鈥檓 pretty sure this was addressed in one of the many recent releases. Please try again @statusquo :v:

Good morning all,
I note this discussion from 2020 where the solution is that it has been addressed in a recent (2020) update.
However, disappointingly, I am still seeing this behavior in 2022, Ubuntu server 20.04 and Nextcloud 25.
I had a look through Github and see that there is an open task on Drafts but it doesn鈥檛 really directly address this question.
It revolves around drafts when using an IMAP account and, I think, refers to their not being uploaded to IMAP folders but, it is quite an extensive thread and would take some working through.
Does anyone else experience this issue when creating a mail? The mail is saved multiple times, even in a very short mail. Example from yesterday has saved seven draft copies from various stages of construction locally and on my IMAP server. These have not been deleted after sending the message.
All other parts of the procedure were fulfilled correctly.
Any input welcomed so I will know that this must be something to do with my setup rather than a bug/glitch.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
James

Perhaps I should open a new report since this one was two years old :slight_smile:

Rework draft handling (on IMAP) 路 Issue #4768 路 nextcloud/mail 路 GitHub is worked on at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you for this Christopher.
I searched everywhere for an open report on this but none of the ones I saw seemed quite right.
Perhaps I need lessons on searching Github :nerd_face:
I will wait patiently for a resolution since I cannot offer any assistance myself.

James.