Editing files in iOS apps not saving

I’m not sure if this is an issue with the app I’m using or an issue with Nextcloud files app integration, but here’s what’s happening…

I use Clip Studio Paint to edit images in iPad pro, and I save the *.CLIP files on Nextcloud. Up until about iOS 15 everything was fine then suddenly I cannot save my work.

Now when I open a CLIP file and make changed, if I click save the app reports that my work in indeed saved but in reality none of the changes have been saved and when the app closes the file in the same state it was opened.

When I have the folder open next to the app so I can see what happens when I click save, the file disappears for about 10 seconds upon saving and the old version takes its place.

I don’t have this problem with other cloud providers so I suspect it’s a Nextcloud app issue.

Can anyone confirm?

I’ve been having the same problem for over a year and a half now. This is a problem with the Nextcloud app as I have the issue with every file type (whether Excel, Word, Numbers, Pages, images, etc.)

The problem has already been described very well: If you open a file from the Nexcloud (regardless of whether it is the Nexcloud app or files app), edit it and then want to save the changes, in many cases the file is saved after the Close but the status before editing is available (all changes made are deleted / gone).

As described, you can observe the whole thing very well if you have the files or Nexcloud app next to it open and observe the last edited time - sometimes saving works and the current time is displayed and sometimes (but without an error message etc.) it stays the same last edited and the changes are not saved.

Is there a workaround for this until Nextcloud gets a grip on it?