Does my config.php need editing?

Hi,

After installing Nextcloud’s Docker latest, I am left with the following file structure: under /var/www/html/my_nc_instance I see several directories including 3rdparty, apps, config, core, custom_apps, data, lib, ocm-provider, ocs, ocs-provider, resources, settings and themes. Will that provide my Nextcloud instance with the necessary persistence for preserving the setup across upgrades & such?

I’m still a newbie about all this, but here is what I think might be the relevant part of my config.php file:

$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps',
      'url' => '/custom_apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
array (
    0 => 'my_nc_instance.mydomain.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '15.0.0.10',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://my_nc_instance.mydomain.com'

It seems to me that those paths oughta have a /my_nc_instance/ in there somewhere. Please let me know iif more information is needed for a proper community assessment, and thanks for any insight.

the easiest way to find out: make some changes. remove the container and start a new one.

every file/config in the old container will be gone.
every file/config persistent on your host os (outside the container) will be still there.

the docker run command or the docker compose file. it’s interesting to see how did you map the volumes.

Thanks very much for the information. I’ll try what you suggest.

but make sure that you didn’t upload anything important yet. that might be lost as well. :wink:

Thanks for the cautionary warning. For now I’m retaining copies of uploaded-to-Nextcloud files on my local machine.

I think I made things work better within the browser-based GUI. I added some volume mappings to the Docker container, and now they look as follows:

/var/www/html => /var/www/html/my_nc_instance (I already had this mapping set)
/var/www/html/data => /var/www/html/my_nc_instance/data
/var/www/html/config => /var/www/html/my_nc_instance/config
/var/www/html/apps => /var/www/html/my_nc_instance/apps
/var/www/html/custom_apps => /var/www/html/my_nc_instance/custom_apps

Now thinks like categories for uninstalled apps (app store?) show up in the left-hand panel of the appropriate GUI page. Thanks for the help, I’ll let everyone know about my next newbie stumble.