Document Expiration Dates & Email alerts

Hi

This is my first post, so I hope I’m doing it right. I’ve implemented Nextcloud for our company to share and store documents online. The site has grown quite significantly since inception and I’m looking at using it for other functions as well.

We store a lot of employee certificates and qualification documents on Nextcloud. The issue is that the documents have expiry dates for example his medical certificate is only valid for 6 months. The issue now is that I have no way of keeping track of these and we’re sitting in the situation where our guys can’t do work as their certificates expired.

My question is if it’s at all possible to put in a request for an app to add an expiry date to each document (not compulsory as all document don’t have one) and then have the system send out emails (notification period can also be set) to the administrator or user that created the folder where the documents reside to inform them that the specified document will expire let’s say in 2 months time.

Then also in the left hand menu (where it has “Recent”, “Favorites”, etc.) there can be a folder called “Expiring Documents” that will list all the documents with their dates.

Like I said, I don’t know if this is the right place for the request, so please let me know if I should ask for this elsewhere. I believe that this can be used by a lot of users out there.

Thanks in advance
Janno