Docker-letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion example wiped database

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah, me too. This is likely pretty basic though. Either I deleted it or I didn’t.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Nextcloud version: 19.0.3
Operating system and version: Ubuntu Server 20.04.1
Apache or nginx version: nginx
PHP version:

The issue you are facing: I have been using the docker-compose example with nginx, maria-db, and fpm in a semi-acceptance environment. It has run beautifully thus far, so I was considering deploying as production.

I noticed my connection was being refused today by both browser and app and began troubleshooting. I eventually found out the SSL certs were missing which made the proxy layer nginx unable to start, which refused all connections. Easy, I thought. So, I gave it a docker-compose pull, down, then (pull again, because I’m dumb), then up thinking the letsencrypt companion just needed an update. Upon restart of the docker-compose fleet, I connected with SSL no problem. I then got greeted with the initialization screen. I panicked and entered setup without thinking. Now, I cannot figure out what happened to the all the previous instance’s data.

Did I accidentally wipe my whole database? I did not change the .yml file (which points the mariadb container to a permanent volume in my RAID1 array), so I assume so, since it gave the same database initialization instructions (database name and password) to the mariadb container. If I did not delete all the data, where is it, and how do I restore it? I am OK at SQL, so I’m not afraid to work in the db container.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. docker-compose down
  2. docker-compose pull
  3. docker-compose up

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

This is likely traffic of my nextcloud android app trying to sync things.

{"reqId":"7T941ZY8EOR40YpErdJG","level":3,"time":"2020-09-16T03:37:29+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.1","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"PROPFIND","url":"/remote.php/webdav/Nextcloud%20Manual.pdf","message":{"Exception":"RedisException","Message":"ERR AUTH <password> called without any password configured for the default user. Are you sure your configuration is correct?","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/RedisFactory.php","line":94,"function":"auth","class":"Redis","type":"->","args":[false]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/RedisFactory.php","line":108,"function":"create","class":"OC\\RedisFactory","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php","line":43,"function":"getInstance","class":"OC\\RedisFactory","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Memcache/Factory.php","line":135,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\Memcache\\Redis","type":"->","args":["d9d182ed041b6e7d72e6a9da74e4853c/lock"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Server.php","line":1025,"function":"createLocking","class":"OC\\Memcache\\Factory","type":"->","args":["lock"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php","line":118,"function":"OC\\{closure}","class":"OC\\Server","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/ServerContainer.php","line":124,"function":"offsetGet","class":"Pimple\\Container","type":"->","args":["OCP\\Lock\\ILockingProvider"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Server.php","line":1975,"function":"query","class":"OC\\ServerContainer","type":"->","args":["OCP\\Lock\\ILockingProvider"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/View.php","line":118,"function":"getLockingProvider","class":"OC\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Server.php","line":813,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\Files\\View","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php","line":118,"function":"OC\\{closure}","class":"OC\\Server","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/ServerContainer.php","line":124,"function":"offsetGet","class":"Pimple\\Container","type":"->","args":["OCP\\Http\\Client\\IClientService"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php","line":388,"function":"query","class":"OC\\ServerContainer","type":"->","args":["OCP\\Http\\Client\\IClientService",true]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":71,"function":"query","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer","type":"->","args":["OCP\\Http\\Client\\IClientService",true]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":101,"function":"buildClass","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":[{"name":"OCA\\Support\\Service\\SubscriptionService","__class__":"ReflectionClass"}]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":116,"function":"resolve","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Service\\SubscriptionService"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php","line":414,"function":"query","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Service\\SubscriptionService"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php","line":385,"function":"queryNoFallback","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Service\\SubscriptionService"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":71,"function":"query","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Service\\SubscriptionService",true]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":101,"function":"buildClass","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":[{"name":"OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter","__class__":"ReflectionClass"}]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php","line":116,"function":"resolve","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php","line":414,"function":"query","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php","line":385,"function":"queryNoFallback","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/support/lib/AppInfo/Application.php","line":48,"function":"query","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer","type":"->","args":["OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/support/appinfo/app.php","line":27,"function":"register","class":"OCA\\Support\\AppInfo\\Application","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":266,"args":["/var/www/html/apps/support/appinfo/app.php"],"function":"require_once"},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":155,"function":"requireAppFile","class":"OC_App","type":"::","args":[{"__class__":"OCA\\Support\\AppInfo\\Application"}]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":128,"function":"loadApp","class":"OC_App","type":"::","args":["support"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/base.php","line":648,"function":"loadApps","class":"OC_App","type":"::","args":[["session"]]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/base.php","line":1095,"function":"init","class":"OC","type":"::","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/html/remote.php","line":115,"args":["/var/www/html/lib/base.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/var/www/html/lib/private/RedisFactory.php","Line":94,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.13.0","version":"19.0.3.1","id":"5f618a6413deb"}

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 =>