Disable TLS 1.0 without access to apache ssl.conf?

Hello,
Is it currently possible to disable TLS 1.0 in Nextcloud in a shared hosting environment (where the webhost cannot disable it due to others’ compatibility)?
I see this is an issue that is resolved in future releases. See here and here.
Thank you,
Ari

:smiley: :question:

Most web hosters have SSLv2 and SSLv3 already disable by default, leaving TLS1.0 to TLS1.2 activated.
So I totally understand his request to disable TLSv1.0 now as well - and I honestly suggest to disable TLS1.1 in addition as well. Securitywise it is rather worse than TSLv1.0 and it is only the decision betwween 1.0 or 1.2 anyway.

@adoucette
The issues you linked are only snap issues. Changes in the snap image of Nextcloud would only help you if your hoster is using this snap image.
I can only guess, but your hoster is problably using his own web server with their own TLS configuration.

I wondering why your hoster cannot configure different TLS settings for different customers like you are. I believe there should be virtual hosts set up for every customer’s web instance and each virtual host can be configured individually.
You just should be 100% sure, there is no client device which doesn’t support TLSv1.2 in combination with the configured cipher suites. With a little older Android mobile devices it can become tricky.

In short again: the way understand it, the hoster has to configure the TLS settings for you. Usually it is not the task of the web application itself.
There seems to be a way with .htaccess for apache web servers however, which you could try:

Not sure if you can edit your htaccess yourself or if you need the web hoster as well for that.

Excellent, I will work this through htaccess, didn’t know there was an option for that.
Thanks!
Ari