Directory unavailable after moving directories

I tried yesterday to move some folders (a, b, c and d). Originally they were at a top level and I was the owner. I was asked to move them into another top level directory (X) that I didn’t own but was shared with.

In the destination directory the owner created (X/d) - before my move attempt. I saw in my RSS feed that directories a, b and c moved into X but directory d did not. Didn’t notice that Nextcloud had an issue until trying to log into the web page and shows ‘This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator’. No directory structure shows at all and the sync client isn’t working either.

Saw in the log file the entries when the move occurred and things like ‘Can’t share with the share owner’ for each directory a, b and c. I don’t see an attempt to move directory d.

Any occ file:scan gets a traceback. I tried to occ file:transfer-ownership.

I was running 11.0.1.2. Upgraded to 11.0.2.7. Did OS update (Ubuntu 16.04). Disabled and deleted the Calendar app (reaching for anything - saw that it was out of date).

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have some ideas but I feel they maybe too extreme and I don’t feel like starting over.

I have a snapshot/checkpoint of the server before any updating (after the move and non-working) so I have a point to revert to if extreme measures don’t work and I want to switch back to an earlier point.

Update: I noticed when I’m logged into the web page (client sync still complaining) that the main landing page is blank. The left side links (Shared with others and Shared with you) shows files. In my case I do see that ‘Shared with you’ directory X is there and what I tried to move in there (directories a, b, c and d) are there along with content. Additionally, on ‘Shared with other’ I still see directories a, b and c and hovering over them shows X/a, X/b and X/c location. I don’t see directory d. Only when I go to ‘Shared with you’ and enter X do I see directory d.

I’ve tried maintenance:repair and got the below:

Nextcloud is in maintenance mode - no apps have been loaded
Failed to load repair step for dav: Repair step 'OCA\DAV\Migration\FixBirthdayCalendarComponent' is unknown
Failed to load repair step for dav: Repair step 'OCA\DAV\Migration\ValueFixInsert' is unknown
... generic - nothing looked bad.

Not sure if this helps.

Update: I see this Fatal/webdav error in the log…

Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Error: Call to a member function getCache() on null
[internal function] {closure}(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 466: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 70: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 170: handleException(Object(Error))
{main}

and this Error/remote in log

Error: Call to a member function getCache() on null
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Wrapper/CacheJail.php - line 296: OCA\Files_Sharing\Cache->getCache()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1687: OC\Files\Cache\Wrapper\CacheJail->getPathById(2996)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/SharedStorage.php - line 117: OC\Files\View->getPath(2996)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/SharedStorage.php - line 449: OCA\Files_Sharing\SharedStorage->init()
[internal function] OCA\Files_Sharing\SharedStorage->getSourceStorage()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php - line 501: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/Cache.php - line 69: OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->__call('getSourceStorag...', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Wrapper/CacheJail.php - line 296: OCA\Files_Sharing\Cache->getCache()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1687: OC\Files\Cache\Wrapper\CacheJail->getPathById(37014)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/SharedStorage.php - line 117: OC\Files\View->getPath(37014)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/SharedStorage.php - line 454: OCA\Files_Sharing\SharedStorage->init()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php - line 490: OCA\Files_Sharing\SharedStorage->getWrapperStorage()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing/lib/SharedStorage.php - line 143: OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->instanceOfStorage('\\OCP\\Files\\IHom...')
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php - line 490: OCA\Files_Sharing\SharedStorage->instanceOfStorage('\\OCP\\Files\\IHom...')
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/FileInfo.php - line 310: OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->instanceOfStorage('\\OCP\\Files\\IHom...')
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Node.php - line 297: OC\Files\FileInfo->isMounted()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/FilesPlugin.php - line 300: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Node->getDavPermissions()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/PropFind.php - line 98: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\{closure}()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/FilesPlugin.php - line 306: Sabre\DAV\PropFind->handle('{http //ownclou...', Object(Closure))
[internal function] OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->handleGetProperties(Object(Sabre\DAV\PropFind), Object(OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1035: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('propFind', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 955: Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesByNode(Object(Sabre\DAV\PropFind), Object(OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 336: Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesForPath('', Array, 1)
[internal function] Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 479: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('method PROPFIND', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php - line 60: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 165: require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
{main}