Differences between web browser, mobile and iOS

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Raspberry Pi Raspbian
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
I’m running NC on my Pi 4B which is working well, and it is set up such that photos on my Android mobile (S22) uploads into NC, to which I connected an external drive via USB. But there are differences between what I can access on web browser, iOS app, and Android app.

Instant-Upload

1. On a web browser (not Pi’s web browser), the external drive’s Instant Upload gives me a “directory is unavailable” error
  2. On one of my Android mobile, I can access ALL photos, which are uploaded into Year/Month folders automatically. Annoyingly, even though I set it to upload into the external drive’s Instant Upload folder, it also uploads to the NC’s main folder. (How to stop this)
  3. Strangely, on separate Android device, nothing shows up in all the folders
  4. On an iOS app (Ipad), only SOME folders appears in the Instant Upload of the external drive

HEIC
I’ve also installed pyheif to show heic type photos as I’m using it as a Picture Frame. However:

1. On the iPad, all heic photos shows up without issues, even in preview
  2. On the Androids, even though the pics were taken in heic by the phone (S22 Ultra), the heic photos don’t show up in preview, and requires “downloading” in order for it to be viewed. Even after downloading, I can only see a green tick but the pic will not be preview-able. Even dnc formatted photos cannot be thumbnailed
  3. On web browser, heic/dnc formatted photos also cannot be thumbnailed. Strangely, I also get director not available error on a Photos folder on the external drive

Edit
Looking at the Log, the following error seems to be the problem. How to solve this?
|Error|webdav|TypeError: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin::OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre{closure}(): Return value must be of type ?int, float returned

1. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/PropFind.php - line 95:OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre{closure}(“*** sensiti … *”)
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/FilesPlugin.php - line 357:Sabre\DAV\PropFind->handle()
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->handleGetProperties()
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1052:Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 984:Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesByNode()
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1662:Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesIteratorForPath()
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1647:Sabre\DAV\Server->writeMultiStatus()
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 346:Sabre\DAV\Server->generateMultiStatus()
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind()
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()
  11. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()
  12. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:Sabre\DAV\Server->start()
  13. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 360:Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  14. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
  15. /var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 171:require_once(“/var/www/ne … p”)||
    | — | — |