Did thegood.cloud go out of business

[details=“Support intro”]The goodcloud is still unresponsive.

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

Still receive 503 error

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

[/details]

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): unknown
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian Bookworm
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
Still receiving error 503

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):N

Steps to replicate it:

1. attempt to go to my thegood.cloud account
  2. fails in Nextcloud Desktop as well
  3. receive error 503 if trying from a Desktop, if via mobile device receive "spinning wheel of Death, from the app on my machine, nothing

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Can't get 

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Don't have 

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`:

PASTE HERE

N/A

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

n/a
1 Like

Try reaching out to them directly.

I have, 3 times and gotten no response.

I see.

You could try their social media.
If you are using a free account their site states zero support of any kind.

If you have a problem that only relates to the hosting and not to the software, we will be more than happy to answer your question. Let us know what’s wrong through the contact form and we will process your report as soon as possible. (from their FAQ)

This forum is for help with Nextcloud as a software, but cannot offer any help with your particular provider situation. It is between you and them, and I hope you make progress.

Well I have purchased a account with them. I was set up with them when I signed up for Nextcloud and upgraded my storage to 100 GB.
I’m unable to use the Nextcloud software because it won’t sign into thegood.cloud account.
You guys referred me to this Vendor, the least you could do is verify it’s still a valid vendor. I’m not having any luck contacting them and could use some assistance verifying if I need another Vendor.

(We) on the forum did not so anything. I am a volunteer. What you do with your data is your business. Personally, I’d never heard of this provider. I see Nextcloud the company recommends them, but no one on the forum owes you anything. I hope you get a hold of them, but afaik they have zero presence within this forum.

I’m not saying the forum “owes” me anything. Nextcloud the company does, they are who set me up with the provider. I’m just asking for assistance with either getting a provider that works or getting an answer to my question. If I got screwed out of money because I tried a new product then so be it. But at least have the courtesy to let someone know that happened. I keep getting sent here trying to contact Nextcloud about this problem.

Nextcloud has nothing to do with this beyond this provider running their software. You’ll need to take it up with the provider; they owe you 100% as a paid customer.

I understand Nextcloud has recommended this provider who runs their software, but offering a recommendation does not mean they are responsible for your data in any way, shape or form. Good luck with it and that is super lame if your provider is not responding to you. Major bummer.

You have a contract with this company, so they are your major point of contact. However, they advertise on their webpage:

We are proud partners of Nextcloud and honoured to be one of their official preferred partners.

Nextcloud explicitely ask for comments about providers:

If there are problems in general (e.g. they are going out of business etc.), they will probably be removed from the recommended provider list. And if there are more people with problems, perhaps they can perhaps reach out and try to help. But for individual cases, it is mainly a contract between you and this company.

Hi, we had some issues this weekend but everything should be back up. We offer support to individuals, but on working days in the Netherlands and they are probably swamped due to the issues. So you can expect an answer but probably much later. I advise you to subscribe on the notifications for maintenance and downtime, to keep you updated on issues.

As stated we don’t officially support free usage as mentioned in the faq. But it’s mostly related to usage of the software, if it’s issues with hosting which is our responsibility we offcourse help. We always answer, even to free users although they might be templates for the frequently answered questions.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis, I did and received a reply from your Sales Department as well. I’m checking to see if I can get in now.

And still getting error 503 ::sob:

1 Like

Yeah, I just want to chime in to say I’ve had the same problem for the past few days too.

Although it’s working today for me, it was still annoying to see my Nextcloud app spam ‘connection failed’ onto my phone notifications.