Desktop client forever "waiting to start syncing"

Made sort of same experience with W10 sync client V3.0 months ago. Changing something within sync folders -e.g. adding a file or updating a current one- did the magic in my case

Same issue here.

Nextcloud 20.0.4
Nexcloud windows 10 client 3.1.1
End-to-End Encription app 1.6.2

Disabling the app and restarting the client application worked. The client stopped waiting and started the syncronization.

The patch for this issue went into the 3.1 branch of the client. On the original bug report there are reports that the problem still exists. So it’s not fully fixed. Please continue the discussion regarding this problems directly on github with the developers.

This is still an issue. I’m not using e2ee. The desktop keeps going back to “waiting to start syncing.” This is the most basic of functionality. I don’t understand why new features are being developed, when core functions are unreliable.

3 Likes

I have the same issue. I’m on Windows 10 with Client 3.1.3 and it never uploads anything it keeps staying in “Waiting
”

Getting the exact same thing as Zero.
Brand new Nextcloud installation (in a Truenas jail) running only locally (for now), Windows 10 Pro/Client 3.1.3.
Its just stuck at Waiting 
 trying to upload files.

I can upload files using the http interface “fine” (speed varies from 1 MB to 50 MB randomly, but it does get uploaded)

Same issue here, no end to end encryption. I second LanceHaverkamp, this is literally the most basic function a cloud storage software has, to keep selected folders synced. If there is an actual error or an issue that is understandable, but I don’t have visibility to an error if there is one.

1 Like

Hello

Same issue here, after updating Nextcloud to the latest version, the Nextcloud client for Windows stops synchronizing if the computer is off for several days, it stays in the “reconciling changes” or “waiting”.

I use the latest version of Windows, Nextcloud and the desktop client; I request to correct it because I can’t delete the account to add it again every week.

I have never used the encryption module

Seems like the issue still exists. I’m on server version 23.0 and 3.4.0 on the linux client without E2EE. A restart helps for a few minutes, but the problem seems to come back after a random time (between some minutes and a half hour so far)

Same problem here with server 23.0 and client 3.4.0 :confused:

Same here. Server 23.0.0 and client 3.4.0.
Some months ago I never had any problem like this
 it should be good to know if it’s because of the client version, so if neccessary we make a downgrade

Related to this, is there any way to, using console, list which files are syncing or are unsynced? (I’m not talking about ignored files): I use KDE dolphin, and files appear:

• If synced, with a green icon
  • If syncying or unsynced with a red icon or without coloured icon. I refer to these two.

Same problem for me with server 23.0 and client 3.4.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

I solved purging nexctloud-desktop e installing in again, but I had to uninstall libnextcloudsync0 too, because when I try to install nextcloud client I had this error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 nextcloud-desktop : Depends: libnextcloudsync0 (= 3.3.6-20211216.110848.6d3270dd2-1.0~focal1) but 3.4.0-20211129.184724.c004db207-1.0~focal1 is to be installed

So, I solved in this way:

sudo apt purge nextcloud-*
sudo apt remove libnextcloudsync0
sudo apt install nextcloud-desktop nautilus-nextcloud

After re-installation my client version is 3.3.6 and works 
I don’t understand why it was 3.4.0 before.

I am having this problem since the upgrade to 23.0 running on a self hosted ubuntu vm server but this may be coincidental judging by the previous posts.
I am using Windows 10 with desktop client 3.4.0. The experience is intermittent . It will sit for a long while “waiting” to sync and then it may decide to work for a while. I have had some success in forcing a sync after pausing all activity but this is not a fix. Any changes to files used to be instantly synced so I am not sure what has happened.

Have you tried to upgrade to 3.4.1?
It works for me on Ubuntu Linux for sync. But “Open dialog box” doesn’t work

Hello pfinardi,

Thanks for the tip, I have upgraded to 3.4.1 but alas, I am getting similar behaviour as before.

I think that my setup affected by the same issue.
Short description:

• Files are not synced
  • Settings Dialogue and main dialogue in client can not be opened (from context menu)
  • Bruteforce Table is empty (SELECT * FROM kuumaur_nextcloud.oc_bruteforce_attempts;)

Is there any solution? Or any Ideas how to narrow down the issue?

Until now, it is only 1 client impacted. The others are running well.
Fast-forward I did these steps:

• reinstalled Nextcloud-Client multiple times
  • reinstalled Manjaro/KDE, Client is working for at least some reboots, after that it is stuck again
  • reinstalled Manjaro with XFCE Edition, Client is working for at least some reboots, after that it is stuck again
  • bruteforce disabled/allowed

Some details regarding the setup:
Client:
Nextcloud version 3.4.1git
Git revision fa32c100148925092c9a320e6f8e2e0130b9cb6a
Using Qt 5.15.2, built against Qt 5.15.2
Using Qt platform plugin ‘xcb’
Using ‘OpenSSL 1.1.1m 14 Dec 2021’
Running on Manjaro Linux, x86_64
XFCE Desktop

Server:
Debian 11 as LXC Container in Proxmox v7.0
Kernel 5.13.19-2pve
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.12-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper
root@nextcloud-prod:/var/www/html# sudo -u www-data ./occ status

• installed: true
  • version: 23.0.0.10
  • versionstring: 23.0.0
  • edition:
  • maintenance: false
  • needsDbUpgrade: false
  • productname: Nextcloud
  • extendedSupport: false

root@nextcloud-prod:/var/www/html# sudo -u www-data ./occ app:list
Enabled:

• activity: 2.15.0